Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

March 30th, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspiron 15r 5520 Not turning on

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r 5520

It all started last Friday when the dreaded "Plugged in, not charging" happened. Little by little I had the laptop plugged in and eventually the computer just failed to work. I opened it up and pulled out the Ac/dc power jack and low and behold a port wire is broken, so I replaced it.

I also tried to turn it on after that, then I found out the Power Button was broken, so I replaced that.

After replacing all of that the Laptop refuses to turn on. 

I do have a charger on the way and now I'm wandering: Should I have the charger plugged into the computer while I wait for the other one to show up, or should I keep it in and attempt to charge my battery?

My lights for anything will not turn on at all, so I'm also wandering if the motherboard is dead? It would be a shame if it is since I just purchased a replacement last summer.

Facts:

1. Charger stopped charging and became a plugged in not charging

2. Replaced Power Button and broken Ac/dc powerjack 

3. Computer fails to turn on 

4. No lights down at the 4 light panels even when charger is plugged in.

Thank you in advance if you are able to assist me in this issue.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

March 30th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

The troubleshooting indicates an issue with the motherboard.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 30th, 2017 17:00

You should consider replacing it with a new computer. It is not cost effective to replace parts on laptops especially an expensive motherboard as well as a new battery, adapter, etc. Put the money towards a new laptop. Have you ever replaced the battery? If not, it is long overdue. A genuine dell replacement battery is $60.

No Events found!