Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 21:00

Dell Inspiron 3537 Auto Scrolling

Hi

I have dell Inspiron 3537.

From past few days, it is auto scrolling to bottom of the page. Even if I try to scroll up its taking me down.

This problem exists even outside OS. ie while trying to install OS.I have updated the drivers including bios setting in hope of getting the problem solved.I have also reinstalled the OS many time in hope but no use.Please help  me to know whats the matter.

Please help me.

780 Posts

June 17th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Could you confirm there are no stuck keys on the keyboard? Especially the Page down and Down arrow keys.

Try connecting an external keyboard and mouse to check if that makes any difference.

Thank you

4 Posts

June 17th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

In the keyboard no keys are stuck.I have also connected usb keyboard and mouse but it  make no difference.

Thank you

780 Posts

June 18th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

If you've Dell support assist software installed, Please run a test on the keyboard to check if there is any other key that has an issue.

Also I suggest you to run a EPSA diagnostics to confirm other parts are fine.

To enter diagnostics, Keep tapping F12 on the startup Dell logo that comes as soon you press the power button.

Select "Diagnostics" from the list, Run it completely and let us know if it passes, Else please reply with the Error message and validation code, we shall take it further.

Thank you

4 Posts

June 19th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I have done the test  and no error was reported.(both test was done).

780 Posts

June 20th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

Thank you

October 1st, 2016 10:00

I am getting same issue but hardware support team not able to find-out the issue and transfer to software team(complain number-937119095)

I have dell Inspiron 3542(service tag-97mkn52)

From past few days, it is auto scrolling to bottom of the page. Even if I try to scroll up its taking me down.

This problem exists even outside OS. ie while trying to install OS.I have updated the drivers including bios setting in hope of getting the problem solved.I have also reinstalled the OS many time in hope but no use.Please help  me to know whats the matter.

Please help me.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 07:00

Hi sammekmishra

The problem is with the keyboard.Replace the keyboard to solve the problem

October 3rd, 2016 10:00

Yes i found that my keyboard is not working as expected(Specially ALT and Fn key)

I have to request to dell to change the my keyboard.

No Events found!