Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2017 05:00

Dell Inspiron 3537 - HDMI version?

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 with i7-4500U @1.8GHz and Radeon HD8850. I'm currently at work so I can't provide a Service Tag but I doubt it's that relevant.

I want to buy a Dell U2515H which runs at 2560x1440@60Hz. 

The problem is the lack of a DP port on the laptop. However as far as I know, HDMI 1.4 supports that resolution.

Can you please confirm the port on the laptop is 1.4 and I can run that resolution?

Thank you in advance!

532 Posts

May 10th, 2017 03:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

To answer your question, Inspiron 3537 systems offer an integrated HDM 1.4a connector. Some major features are listed below:

>> Supports 5.1 channel audio support.

>> HDMI Ethernet Channel adds high-speed networking to an HDMI link, allowing users to take full advantage of their IP-enabled devices without a separate    Ethernet cable.

>> Defines input/output protocols for major 3D video formats, paving the way for true 3D gaming and 3D home theater applications.

>> Enables video resolutions far beyond 1080p, supporting next-generation displays that will rival the Digital Cinema systems used in many commercial movie theaters.

>> Real-time signaling of content types between display and source devices, enabling a TV to optimize picture settings based on content type.

>> Support for additional color models used in digital photography and computer graphics.

Let us know if the information provided above was helpful.

4 Posts

May 10th, 2017 07:00

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. From your answer I understand that it should work. I have spoken with a friend who runs a monitor at that resolution and will try it out tomorrow before ordering my screen.

Will reply with my findings.

532 Posts

May 10th, 2017 09:00

Sure. Please get back to us with your findings. Have a good one.

Regards,
Lijo

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 10th, 2017 11:00

Make sure your friend is running a laptop computer with the external monitor.The integrated video and the 8850M on your model have limited graphics capability. You will not get the high resolution on an external monitor because of the limitations. The monitor is better for desktops with high end discrete video cards.

The main builtin display for your model specs: Display 15.6 inch 16:9, 1600x900 pixel

4 Posts

May 16th, 2017 04:00

I somehow completely forgot about the forum. So here are my findings:

The screen was instantly recognized and required no tweaking. It ran at 59hz giving me the option to select 60hz (it was a 144hz screen so more than this exceeds HDMI bandwidth)

However I tried to go on the ufotest website but the app could only run at 54 fps and wasn't able to sync properly due to poor performance.

I plan on using it for productivity and programming so I'm not interested in playing games at that resolution anyway. :D

@Mary G

I didn't quite get what you tried to say. I have the laptop, my friend has the screen which I tested.

No Events found!