Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2014 10:00

Dell Inspiron 5520 AMD drivers cannot be installed

I'm here because I have a problem with my dell inspiron 5520 with the drivers, since I bought the laptop, I never saw the option of amd switchable graphics or the AMD Catalyst software but when I go to the device manager I see the Intel drivers (I don't have any problems with them) working properly and the AMD drivers too, but if the AMD drivers were working properly, I should see all the graphics card software as I do with the Intel drivers, what I did was unistall the AMD drivers, download the latest update for my laptop and install it, but something worst happened, when the installation finished, the program said that some errors happened during installation and it's like this errors don't let the program to install, I got two program logs, one on a XML file that I couldn't open properly, the catalyst install manager gave it to me, and the other one the Dell drivers gave it to me after the installations on a TXT file. I need to know what I have to do for install the AMD drivers without problems AND can use the switchable graphics tecnology. If you need more information, ask in the comments and I will answer you as fast as I could. I hope  you could help me

Here are the logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f02qmi9co5b6yz/AMD%20logs.rar (it's just 2kb)

My system has AMD video drivers because when I searched the device manager there it was the AMD drivers and how I can delete something that doesn't exist? and I downloaded the drivers with my service tag at support.dell.com for reinstall them again

My system has AMD video because when I searched the device manager, there was the AMD drivers, the problem is that I can't remenber if it was 7650m or 7730m because I delete them for reinstalled again, and I downloaded the drivers with my service tag in support.dell.com

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Are you certain you ordered the system with AMD video?  It was optional on that model - not on all models.  If you do not see either an entry for the AMD video chip OR the entry with an error triangle next to it, your system is Intel-only.

You can confirm the version of system with the service tag at support.dell.com.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2014 08:00

my niece has this laptop and was told it would play all her games but her Sims 3 constantly plays up and she cant even update her video card drivers coz amd dont support the duel driver, its awful all she can do is install the drivers rom dells site which are about 90 years old

No Events found!