Highlighted
Yarivush
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5548 Graphic Driver Problem - Blue Color is Over Saturation and become purple

I have my Dell Inspiron 5548 for almost 3 years now and I tried for almost 2 years to find a solution for this by myself - but didn't found any!
I found that the screen color -Blue- is very much over saturated when graphic driver is enabled compared to when the graphic driver is disabled... it is happen on the laptop monitor and also on other monitors and TV's connected to it through HDMI.

The problem is that the colors are changing when driver is installed - especially when it comes to primary color Blue, the color is very much Purple look. With Graphic driver enabled (also tried with older versions of Intel graphic drivers installed - same result) The normal Blue has become "Purplish".

Solution tried:

Hardware / Software - adjustment/testing:

1. Changing the Contrast, Color, Saturation, Hue & etc on the Intel driver software.
  2. Changing the Contrast, Color, Saturation, Hue & etc on the Color Management console of Windows 10.
  3. To test my graphic output, I've plug and extend my Inspiron to another monitor from the HDMI, the color on the 2nd monitor/TV is the same as the Laptop monitor (with r without the Driver enabled - the output become the same color = no hardware problem).
Please help, I'm really disappointing with this issue, as this is not the first time I'm facing 'weird' problems with Dell products. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.

**Images Explained:
When taking a screenshot on the laptop with the Graphic Driver Enabled / Disabled - The color in the screenshot is the same (both of the laptop screenshot images project the same color, with driver disabled (= you see the color Blue is OK on both) and also with driver enabled (= you see the color Blue is Purple ,  ON BOTH OF THEM) - 
That's why I took the first screenshot with the driver disabled from the Screenshot image, because this is how I see it also on the monitor (just like the ""laptop see it"" (-: ) - this is the "OK" version...  And the image with driver enabled I took with my phone, to let you see it as I see it on the monitor!
1. This is how see the screen with the Intel HD Graphic Driver installed and Disabled...
2. This is how see the screen with the Intel HD Graphic Driver installed and Enabled...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Dell Inspiron 5548 Graphic Driver Problem - Blue Color is Over Saturation and become purple

Yarivush,

Thanks for posting.

Please try running the diagnostics, and if the system passes, then it is performing to specifications.  You can try updating the BIOS and video drivers, and if the issue still persists, then contact Tech Support in your country for further troubleshooting.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos