Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2017 19:00

Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition display - black border and grey blank screen. Works perfectly with external HDS monitor

Warranty of my Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition expired in Jan 2017. The display suddenly started giving problem  - it has black border and grey blank screen and some times blank screen. When you restart / boot, you get the DELL logo which means display is working. . Works perfectly with external monitor though HDMI port. This problem is appearing from last 2 months

April 12th, 2017 06:00

Hi neelkanthd,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please run the LCD BIST and check if this issue occurs.

Can you boot into BIOS ?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

2 Posts

April 12th, 2017 14:00

Akshata, I have run LCD bist and I dont see any issue. I also dont know what issue I can see iusing that command/ Secondly I can boot in bios using F2. Right now the screen is working but I dont know when it stops working. when i connect on HDMI port it works always. This is my 1st DELL laptop and I still use HP and ASUS for last 6 years and still they work. This Dell laptop is just over 2 years and having issues. I am not sure If I will be motivated to buy another Dell laptop if such quality issues are there

April 13th, 2017 09:00

Hi neelkanthd,

Thanks for doing these steps.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

No Events found!