neelkanthd
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition display - black border and grey blank screen. Works perfectly with external HDS monitor

Warranty of my Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition expired in Jan 2017. The display suddenly started giving problem  - it has black border and grey blank screen and some times blank screen. When you restart / boot, you get the DELL logo which means display is working. . Works perfectly with external monitor though HDMI port. This problem is appearing from last 2 months

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition display - black border and grey blank screen. Works perfectly with external HDS monitor

Hi neelkanthd,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please run the LCD BIST and check if this issue occurs.

Can you boot into BIOS <F2>?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
neelkanthd
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition display - black border and grey blank screen. Works perfectly with external HDS monitor

Akshata, I have run LCD bist and I dont see any issue. I also dont know what issue I can see iusing that command/ Secondly I can boot in bios using F2. Right now the screen is working but I dont know when it stops working. when i connect on HDMI port it works always. This is my 1st DELL laptop and I still use HP and ASUS for last 6 years and still they work. This Dell laptop is just over 2 years and having issues. I am not sure If I will be motivated to buy another Dell laptop if such quality issues are there

0 Kudos

Hi neelkanthd,

Thanks for doing these steps.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos