Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2018 02:00

[Dell Inspiron 5570,Win 10] WHEA-Logger 17 occurring every second (also occasional freezes and BSODs)

For some reason, this mistake is logged every single second in the event viewer. The faulty component is, according to the logs, PCI Express Root Port. 

So far I have updated everything. Both Intel Updater and Dell SupportAssist now inform about no further updates currently available. 

My Windows 10 has been also updated. None of the actions, however, helped to eliminate the error. 

What is interesting, the issue seems to be very popular, but there's still no working solution to this problem as of now. While some people managed to solve the issue by updating drivers, BIOS or disabling the LAN adapter, all of these don't fix it in my case. 

Sadly enough, I have also encountered one BSOD and 2 freezes without any BSODs or logs in the event viewer. The system just stopped responding to anything and only the power button helped. 

I have passed the hardware test proposed by Dell SupportAssist, and it revealed no hardware issues. 
My BSOD code was 0x00000124, which often indicates a hardware related issue with either RAM or HDD. Both Windows and Dell software didn't find any, though. 

As a whole, I have nothing to complain about as my system is rather stable and astonishingly fast. These random BSODs and freezes, however, make me worry. 

I have no idea whether these PCI Express Root Complex errors have anything to do with the freezes. 
I would appreciate it if someone could comment on the issue.

Thank you. 

9.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 07:00

Hi  wdesert,

Thanks for posting.

Your post doesn't mention whether or not you updated the bluetooth driver.  Other users have reported success in updating that driver.  en.community.dell.com/.../19982732

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 08:00

Hi! Thank you for answering. I have just deleted the bluetooth device and installed the latest drivers once again. The warnings are gone now. Thank you very much.

Could those freezes be somehow related to the driver issue?

4 Posts

January 4th, 2018 06:00

Update: reinstalling the bluetooth driver didn't work. I noticed, however, that disabling the wireless adapter (Qualcomm QCA9377) solved the problem. The solution doesn't seem convenient though.

I need my wireless adapter:)

No Events found!