Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2016 11:00

Dell Inspiron 660 not connecting to internet after installing server 2008

Need assistance. Purchased a server however the actual server was not compatible with the OS server 2008 only 08r2. We have several programs that still require 32bit OS thus the reason for server 2008. After finding out that the server would not support the OS we  were advised to attempt a few ideas. I have installed server2008 on my 660 ispirion. It has an I3 processor so it can handle the environment. The only issue I received is a network issue. Not able to connect to the internet and the drivers are not recognized in order for the LAN to make the connection. Are there any updates or drivers that will fix this issue? Please help!

Intalled Server 2008 in Dell Inspiron 660 with I3 processor when it would normally have WIN7 or WIN10 on it

Everything installed perfectly with excetion to " Not able to connect" and gives a "Code 10" when attempting to update driver and connect to internet.

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2016 13:00

Can someone please help? Is there a driver or something that needs to be installed that will allow the drivers to work properly? It will not even recognize that there is a driver that I can download that will help this issue

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2016 08:00

Hello.

Unfortunately, Enterprise based operating systems including Windows Server 2008 are not validated to run on client based hardware like Inspiron 660. One will experience unpredictable operations related to drivers, network etc as you have observed. I am not sure but you can try Server 2008 drivers but there is no gaurantee that the issue will be resolved. Consider using server or workstation hardware.

Thank you

No Events found!