Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2013 09:00

Dell Inspiron 7520 Keyboard keys issues (Misplaced) out of box

Hi,

I bought the DELL Inspiron 15R 7520 from Islamabad, Pakistan; and it has issues just out of box. The keyboard keys are not placed where they are intended to be. First of all the I found out that  there is no "@" key, instead when pressed it showed the double quotation mark ' " '. Later on when I tried to enter the quotation mark which is right next to the ENTER button, the '@' sign appeared.  I thought atleast there is the @ sign. But later on I found out that there are some other keys that are also misplaced for example, the back slash key (above the ENTER button, Not anywhere on keypad), the 'tilde' sign key (before numeric key line), the "HASH Key" (not anywhere on the keyboard).

I was very happy to get this laptop, but after reading so much positive about it, I decided to buy; but now I'm very much disappointed  after getting all this. Please help me fix this issue. 

Also I have another issue; I don't have the LOCAL WARRANTY CARD, because the dealer have not yet provided me. I bought laptop on 13th April and still waiting for the CARD. They are not providing me the card. 

Please contact me at my cell  no. Phone number removed per privacy policy> or send me the free calling number so I can call you from SKYPE.

Regadrs;

Muhammad Shoaib

3 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 09:00

JUst to add one thing..

This shows the carelessness of the company. I was not expecting this at all. I was so confident that I didn't even checked all the keys. 

May be this is beacuse we are from a third world country and I think DELL may have been sending the devices that have issues to us here. 

Anayways, got the appointment for tomorrow from the dell service center here in ISLamabad. Hopefully the issue will be resolved.

But on the whole I'm much disappointed and angry,. beacuse straight away my WARRANTY might be claimed and I would have nothing left for future...

803 Posts

April 23rd, 2013 20:00

Hi Muhammad,

We're sorry to know this has happened. Perhaps I would have also felt the same way had I been in your place. All systems are checked before being shipped and this could be one odd case and certainly not because you're in a third world country. May I know what is the status of the service call? Was the issue resolved?

Awaiting your response.

3 Posts

April 25th, 2013 08:00

Thanks, I have fixed the issue by myself...

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 06:00

hi may i know how you fixed it? I'm having the same problem right now.

No Events found!