Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2016 11:00

Dell Inspiron 7559 chassis coming apart from left side

Just noticed this, someone else I noticed here had the same exact issue. This is a problem, my laptop is far from a year old. Please look into this Dell.

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

When you look at the picture that you have attached in the post it is clear that there has been a damage on the system. This is either the system has been dropped on the left hand side or wear and tear issue.If you also see that the left side top cover and the hinge inside is also coming off. This will not be covered under standard warranty. Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

March 6th, 2017 16:00

Hi DELL-Robin D.

This is NOT a wear & tear issue. My laptop is having the EXACT same issue as the original poster. My laptop is only 6 months old and has never been dropped. Look at my video I created and you will see. Please help me fix this. I can no longer close my laptop because of this issue. I have googled this problem and there are other reddit posts about it. This is a DEFECT in manufacturing.

www.youtube.com/watch

2 Posts

May 18th, 2017 11:00

Definitely a defect - Mine just came apart, and it is the broaching, threaded insert that popped out of the chassis, which is what the hinge-screw actually screws into. My hinge is intact. My laptop is <6 months old and has been taken care of very well. Tech support told me that the warranty doesn't cover defective parts?!

2 Posts

October 15th, 2017 01:00

THIS IS NOT A WEAR AND TEAR ISSUE

I am having the exact same problem while I took very good care of my laptop, and this issue appeared out of nowhere after 8 months of use. I even bought the next business day warranty but so far couldn't get ahead with the issue.

I'm going to file a BBB complaint if this progresses, and I highly suggest others to do so.

No Events found!