Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

October 17th, 2016 00:00

Dell Inspiron 7559 video stuttering

Hello,

I have bought this laptop about 2 months ago. Since i bought it, I have noticed that it's performance is not what i should expect.

I mean, i can be in Google Chrome viewing a page, and in the moment i scroll using my mouse, the laptop like freezes for a milisecond and then continues. Same happens when playing videogames, i can be playing at low/ultra details, 60+ frames per second, but every now and then i get a frame drop and then it goes back to where it was before, it's super annoying and shouldn't be happening.

I always thought it was something with the game, that it was not well optimised but it seems to be the computer.

Things i have done:

1. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the software provided by Microsoft.

2. All my drivers are up to date

What could it be? my laptop specs are:

6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)]
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
8GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)
1TB (5400rpm) Hybrid HDD with 8GB Flash

All these things occur with the laptop plugged or not, it doesn't matter. Gaming, i have used Balanced and High Performance battery mode but i don't see any difference. This has happened to me for example in CS:GO, LoL, World of Warships, etc.

This is a benchmark i did with HDTune: http://imgur.com/a/wf68f

28 Posts

October 17th, 2016 00:00

When you are saying that it is stuttering, does it do this all the time or is it something that will be working and then you get a quick stutter and then things return to normal?  If this is happening, it's most likely just a point in time where the files that the processor needs to access files haven't been loaded into RAM yet.  Your processor then has to wait for the HDD to load the file and continue on from there.  Does Google Chrome do this all the time?  Again, when it first boots or if there is something that computer has to load on the webpage such as Flash or anything like that, it can cause a temporary delay in the time that it is loading.  If it's doing it constantly then it might be something to look at, but once in awhile, it's not uncommon for this to happen during loading.  5400RPM is slowest speeds for HDD and it can cause your computer to have to wait for loading here and there.

14 Posts

October 17th, 2016 01:00

Yeah, it doesn't happen EVERY time while on google chrome, but it is not that rare.

Gaming, yes the game will stutter for like a milisecond then come back.

I did this test with HDTune: http://imgur.com/a/wf68f

Thing is, why is dell offering this HDD in gaming laptops if this is the problem??

And i have edited the first post adding more info about my specs! It is an Hybrid 5400rpm HDD

some examples of the issue: https://youtu.be/JwCuWxPRuy8

14 Posts

October 17th, 2016 04:00

Yes, for example the game can be running fine at 60+ or 60 rock solid frames if i have it locked, but then a drop happens and it comes back inmmediatly to where it was.

When doing google chrome/firefox etc, yes it is not always.

How good is an hybrid 5400rpm hdd vs an 5400rpm hdd? check my first post as i updated my pc specs with an HDTune bechmark

and this video showing the issue Hello,

I have bought this laptop about 2 months ago. Since i bought it, I have noticed that it's performance is not what i should expect.

I mean, i can be in Google Chrome viewing a page, and in the moment i scroll using my mouse, the laptop like freezes for a milisecond and then continues. Same happens when playing videogames, i can be playing at low/ultra details, 60+ frames per second, but every now and then i get a frame drop and then it goes back to where it was before, it's super annoying and shouldn't be happening.

I always thought it was something with the game, that it was not well optimised but it seems to be the computer.

Things i have done:

1. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the software provided by Microsoft.

2. All my drivers are up to date

What could it be? my laptop specs are:

6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

8GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)

1TB (5400rpm) Hybrid HDD with 8GB Flash

All these things occur with the laptop plugged or not, it doesn't matter. Gaming, i have used Balanced and High Performance battery mode but i don't see any difference.

Here is a picture of the HDTune benchmark i did.

http://imgur.com/a/wf68f

some examples of the issue: https://youtu.be/JwCuWxPRuy8

in csgo it is not very noticeable in video, but when i got killed there was a drop, sometimes it is a little big longer than that

14 Posts

October 17th, 2016 04:00

yeah, the framerate can be at 60+ fps or locked if i have it that way, and then a shortly frame drop occurs and then it goes back to where it was!

while in google chrome/firefox etc, it doesnt happen all the time, i think it is what you said about that.

here are a few examples of the issue. i have also edited the first post with an HDtune benchmark and more specific specs.

https://youtu.be/JwCuWxPRuy8

October 19th, 2016 07:00

I'm having the same issue with the exact model of laptop. The stutter happens to me whenever I open Action Center or put any application such as a browser on half screen. If I move the cursor on the side of the screen that's just running my desktop it stutters like crazy. Updated all my drivers via Dell updates. Waiting for a solution, also.

6 Posts

March 12th, 2017 01:00

This is the last time i'm ever buying dell products, this is what i have currently form dell.

dell 5748 laptop

Dell laptop bags

dell speakers, mouses, keyboards, wireless mouses, desktops x2

2 latitude laptops

MY LATEST BUY FROM DELL

dell 7559 4K display 16GB Ram 1T+128SSD 4GB GTX 960m,

Hissing noise from speakers, black objects appear in menus and other places in low resolution (specifically tested on 1600x900 and lower), stuttering sound/video problem

I think i have locked on closer to were the stuttering problem is coming from, so i have noticed that when fan speed goes up and down the stuttering occurs but it may not have to do with fans themselfs, so to test that i installed SPEEDFAN software and enabled dell notebooks support, when the software is running without me changing or the software changing fan speed the video still stutters and like a lot after 3-4 seconds, a 1 second stutter, so what exactly the SPEEDFAN is doing at that moment? its recording temps and fan speed at the moment using sensors, so i think it may have todo with those fan sensors being on, just may be, what do you think? My second theory is that those sensors or consuming power and leaving less for HDD, thus the stuttering, maybe replacing the HDD with SSD will solve the problem but i will not bother myself with that all that hasstle, i'm done with dell, second product i'm having problem with, and these are not like those twinki problems that can be fixed by driver updates but on hardware level. i have actually developed hate for dell. I think this is the future of dell. Only brand name will be left, as a status symbol maybe, just like Apple. dell is dyeing.

As far as i'm concerned i'm gonna give HP a chance, will buy OMEN after i rid my self of dell products(all of them). i don't like it when things don't match, will have to buy HP speakers,mouse keyboard etc.    

6 Posts

March 12th, 2017 01:00

This is the last time i'm ever buying dell products, this is what i have currently form dell.

dell 5748 laptop

Dell laptop bags

dell speakers, mouses, keyboards, wireless mouses, desktops x2

2 latitude laptops

MY LATEST BUY FROM DELL

dell 7559 4K display 16GB Ram 1T+128SSD 4GB GTX 960m,

Hissing noise from speakers, black objects appear in menus and other places in low resolution (specifically tested on 1600x900 and lower), stuttering sound/video problem

I think i have locked on closer to were the stuttering problem is coming from, so i have noticed that when fan speed goes up and down the stuttering occurs but it may not have to do with fans themselfs, so to test that i installed SPEEDFAN software and enabled dell notebooks support, when the software is running without me changing or the software changing fan speed the video still stutters and like a lot after 3-4 seconds, a 1 second stutter, so what exactly the SPEEDFAN is doing at that moment? its recording temps and fan speed at the moment using sensors, so i think it may have to do with those fan sensors being on, just may be, what do you think? My second theory is that those sensors or consuming power and leaving less for HDD, thus the stuttering, maybe replacing the HDD with SSD will solve the problem but i will not bother myself with that all that hassle, i'm done with dell, second product i'm having problem with, and these are not like those twinki problems that can be fixed by driver updates but on hardware level. i have actually developed hate for dell. I think this is the future of dell. Only brand name will be left, as a status symbol maybe, just like Apple. dell is dyeing.

As far as i'm concerned i'm gonna give HP a chance, will buy OMEN after i rid my self of dell products(all of them). i don't like it when things don't match, will have to buy HP speakers,mouse keyboard etc.    

No Events found!