Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2017 13:00

Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming 1060 with Max Q technology, unable to install latest drivers

Only got my new Dell Inspiron this week.

Looked forward to playing among other games Battlefield 1. Unfortunately it does a driver check and the latest drivers on the Dell website are too old to run the game. Tried updating via the Geforce experience and by downloading manual drivers, but even though it identifies the card and current version in the experience when it tries and installs it says no compatible hardware found.

I love the laptop otherwise, but when you spend that much you expect to play the latest games.

There looks to be some complex fixes but would rather hope there is a simpler solution. 

3 Posts

October 1st, 2017 14:00

I am in the exact same situation as you.  Besides the Battlefield 1 issue, I am disappointed that we are unable to use Nvidia Whisper Mode, which becomes available with the current Nvidia drivers.  This could be a gamechanger in regards to quiet gaming performace.

9.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 06:00

Hi redwebo,

Thanks for posting.

In researching this, I'm not finding much information from other users with the same complaint.  Please check to see that you've updated the BIOS and reinstalled the drivers from the support page. http://dell.to/2xNsROw

Since your system is so new, you should have software support for 30 days, please perform a system diagnostics test by pressing F12 at startup, make a note of any errors, and contact Tech support.  

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

7 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 12:00

Hi the problem is not with my installed drivers. The problem is that the Dell graphics card drivers for the Geforce 1060 with Max Q technology are about a month out of date. Too old for Battlefield 1 to run. Dell must have something in their set up which stops the NVIDIA official drivers installing. "it says no compatible card can be recognised". Geforce experience recognises there are older Geforce drivers installed. When can we expect new Geforce drivers released by Dell?

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 14:00

Dell need first talk to nvidia to add the dell hardware id into theie official / generic nvidia driver.

As soon as the hardware id is in the driver package you will not have issues with installing the offical nvidia driver!

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 07:00

This is also discussed in the Geforce Forum!

Please! If a mod or the Support is reading this comment. Please talk to nvidia to add all needed Hardware ID´s from Inspiron 15 7000 gaming (Inspiron 7577) for next generic and offical Nvidia Drivers which can be downloaded on nvidia.com!

Following entries are only in the dell OEM Drivers and missing in the current nvidia 385.69 which means all users (incl. myself) are currently forced to use only old "DELL Nvidia Drivers"!

(This is what I found under this section, this is the part where Hardware ID has to be)

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]

%NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0802.1028% = Section328, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_08021028

%NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0803.1028% = Section328, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_08031028

(This is what I found under this section, this entries are the naming for the above placed Hardware ID´s)

[Strings]

DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows 10 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"

NVIDIA = "NVIDIA"

NVIDIA_A = "NVIDIA"

NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0802.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design"

NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0803.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design"

Those parts are actually missing in the nvidia Driver!

So Dell please give the users the freedom to use the Drivers which they want, instead forcing them to use only old OEM Drivers. The current case lowers the product expierence massivley!

7 Posts

October 4th, 2017 16:00

Sounds promising. NVIDIA seem to update drivers frequently, so maybe not to long to wait fingers crossed.

5 Posts

October 5th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for getting an answer from Nvidia.  This issue is a deal breaker for me if we can not get these updates directly from Nvidia to support games.  My 5 year old ASUS still updates/plays fine.  I get my 7577 next week and will watch to see if the next Nvidia update works.  If not, I am returning the laptop.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2017 09:00

A new Nvidia driver was released, 387.92.  I ran a search on the Display.Driver\nvdmi file and found the Dell device instance now listed in the new Nvidia driver.

NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0802.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design"

NVIDIA_DEV.1C20.0803.1028 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design"  

I have not tested the new driver yet.  Can anyone confirm that this is a stable installer?  Does this allow us to update the 7577 from Nvidia now?  Thanks.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2017 10:00

That's great.  Thanks for the update.  no BSOD, awesome!!  Let us know how good BF1 looks. :o)

7 Posts

October 9th, 2017 10:00

Happy to say I just installed the driver via Geforce experience just about to test Battlefield 1 so hopefully ok.

7 Posts

October 9th, 2017 11:00

BF1 looks great, the current settings were better quality than optomised. But still no screen lag and looks smooth. No faults so far. First time ever owned a laptop that can play decent FPS games. THe only thing that does not seem to work is Whispermode. Says you need a certain driver and these ones just installed are newer.  Most importantly the game seems to work.

5 Posts

October 9th, 2017 11:00

That is great to hear a normal Nvidia update worked for you!!  I am very glad to see Nvidia followed up on this as stated last week and you are getting the experience you expected.  Maybe the other features that come with this GPU become available soon?  I get my 7577 today and hope to have some time to verify the 387.92 drivers from Nvidia as well.  I will post my results once tested.  I am looking forward to the good FPS as well.  Thanks for testing and posting back the results.      

3 Posts

October 10th, 2017 07:00

I just updated and initially it showed that WhisperMode was not available still. I rebooted the laptop and now it shows as an option. I enabled it successfully ...

No Events found!