Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2014 17:00

Dell Inspiron Has No Repair Your Computer in Advanced Boot Options

So I have a fairly old (3-4 years) Inspiron (my daughter's) and as we know, kids tend to get viruses. 

I'm ready to do a restore to factory default as I have been able to do with both a Toshiba and an Asus laptop I have in my house. I went online to research how to do it with a Dell/Win7 Inspiron. (Hit F8 to get into Advanced Boot Options and there would be a repair option.) 

There is no repair option on this computer.

I have no backups and no original windows media and I was hoping to get the computer wiped as if it had just been pulled off of a shelf so I could reset everything.

Why does this Inspiron not have a repair your computer option? 

Please help?  My daughter is freaking out that she can't use her computer and it's stressing me out :-/

November 24th, 2014 00:00

Hi 1Reina1,

Welcome to Dell community.

Dell does not ship any factory recovery discs for systems. There is a ‘Dell DataSafe Local Backup’ application installed in the system wherein you could create recovery discs.Please follow the steps below to restore the computer to factory state.

1. Turn on the computer, after the Dell Logo appears and then disappears repeatedly press the key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  2. From the Advanced Boot Options highlight Repair Your Computer with the arrow keys and press .
  3. Click ‘Next’ and login to your administrator account on the computer. The administrator account is the account created the first time the computer was turned on.
  4. Click ‘Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options’ and follow the prompts provided.

If the above steps are not working and your system is booting into the operating system then follow the steps in the link given below to create a factory recovery discs and use the discs to restore the computer to factory state.

http://dell.to/1qZdtsN

If the computer is not booting into the operating system then I am afraid you will have to perform manual operating system reinstallation from the operating system discs.

Use this link http://dell.to/1vhLNiv to know how to manually install Windows 7 using operating system discs.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!