Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2012 07:00

Dell Inspiron M5010 Speaker Problems

Hello,

One day I was playing music through the external speakers and the following I found it that sound would not come through them. When I plug in headphones however I can hear sound. I've already tried updating the drivers,  uninstalling the sound card driver and reinstalling it, I've also tried a system restore to before the speakers stopped working. I've read that some laptops have an external mute button, and besides the obvious mute key near the other media keys, I wonder if there's another on the laptop. Can anyone help?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 25th, 2012 08:00

I've read that some laptops have an external mute button, and besides the obvious mute key near the other media keys, I wonder if there's another on the laptop.

I don't know of one, but when you re-installed the audio driver all audio configuration was reset to default, which would be having the speakers on. For another possible explanation of your symptoms see section one of the Headphone Jack FAQ.

2 Posts

December 29th, 2012 09:00

Reading over your link, I've come to believe that this best fit the problem I am having.

No Events found!