Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2013 11:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 BIOS firmware upgrade for Windows 8.1

I am using Dell Inspiron N5010 with ATI Radeon 512MB Graphics. As per the Windows 8.1 compatibility check, i found that my laptop doesn't support secure Boot. On investigation, i found that the BIOS (Latest A15 for N5010) doesn't have the firmware ability that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database. This upgrade is most required for installing Windows 8.1.

Does anyone have any idea if this kind of upgrade is going to come or if the dell is playing biased for not releasing upgrade to BIOS so as to force people to buy new Laptop. Is it there marketing strategy that they are not releasing such upgrades or if they are still working on it.

Perhaps a Dell Employee unofficially could reveal such information.

Please, i need updates ASAP. Your response is highly appreciated. It would help most of the users like me who are facing problems, they will get an ultimate response for their upgrade problem

1 Message

September 7th, 2014 05:00

This is exactly what I'm looking for but not able to find it. How can we inform to dell that we also need such type of upgrades? Why they are showing partiality by not giving any update for bios since A15 7/19/2011

Kindly let me know if you find any such upgrades by dell.

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 7th, 2014 09:00

There is no UEFI support for this model - nor does Dell support WIndows 8 on it.

http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/575111/en

No Events found!