Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2016 20:00

Dell Inspiron N5110 not starting up

The laptop appears to be dead. You plug the AC adapter but the LEDs (power light, hard drive light, battery charge light, etc…) do not light up and the laptop does not react at all if you press on the power button.

Please suggest.

July 20th, 2016 19:00

Hi Onish91

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the problem start? Have you made any hardware or software changes lately? 

Please disconnect the charger and battery and hold down the power button for 10 secs, then put back the power sources and try again. 

Also if possible remove the memory modules and try to power on, then try with one module at a time. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

2 Posts

July 21st, 2016 13:00

Hi, DELL-HEMA

I have same problem my laptop not starting up.No LED lights lighting up even when charging on and Power button not lighting up.AC power cord LED is on which is visible.My last activity was i updated my windows Updates which were pending from last few months,Few .NET updates and few security updates after that i tried restarting my laptop but its not starting only.Plz advise what is the problem and what to do now?, I treid pressing power button fro 45 seconds for static flea after removing battery.Plugged again and tried same,nothing is happening.

July 21st, 2016 20:00

Hi We are awaiting your response.

No Events found!