Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2012 01:00

Dell Inspiron N5110

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 (x64) on Dell laptop- Dell Inspiron N5110 . I did not rebuild it from the factory restore disc as that failed to work.

The installation is complete. I am trying To get my Wi-Fi to work by pressing FN+F2 however it is not working, the Bluetooth icon appears instead which doesn’t work either.

I have tried to look for the wifi adapter in the device manager, but it does not exist in the list.

I understand that I have to install the drivers. Will that do the trick? I also don’t know what the name of the wifi adapter is, so don’t know which driver to install.

Please help.

Many thanks,

Adam

750 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 01:00

Hi Adam,

Yes, installing the Wireless adaptor drivers will make the computer connect to wireless networks. Since the driver has not been installed, the wireless adaptor will be listed under other devices as “Network Controller” with an exclamation mark.

After reinstalling the Operating system, there is a certain order in which the drivers have to be installed. The following article (Article ID: 268873) describes how to download and install drivers in the correct order: http://dell.to/PACSRE

Drivers needed to be installed in the computer can be found at our support website. Follow the below mentioned steps to locate the exact drivers compatible with your computer:

1. Visit http://www.support.dell.com
  2. Click “Start Here” under “Support for Home Users”.
  3. Click “Drivers & Downloads” icon.
  4. In the next page, enter the “Service Tag” of the system in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  5. In the next page, under “Refine your results”, click drop down arrow for choosing the Operating System and click “Windows 7 64-bit”.
  6. Page will display all the Drivers & Applications which are to be installed for your computer.

Use the following link to install Quickset software which needs to be installed too: http://dell.to/POzr8H

To check the Wireless Card installed in the computer, I need to check your computer specification. Please click on my username and add me as a friend. Send me a direct message with the service tag of the computer and name of the registered owner. I will be able to tell you the exact driver needed for the Wireless card.

4 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 05:00

Hello Kalyan,

Thank you for your response. I have sent you a message.

As I am not sure which drivers to install, is it okay to install them all on the laptop? or would that cause a problem?

In the driver downloads page, there appears to be only 13 files for the Windows 64 bit, but 37 for all. I am not sure which driver I need to install for the wireless adapter.

Many Thank,

Adam

4 Posts

September 3rd, 2012 03:00

Hello Kalyan,

I await your response in regards to which driver to install. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Adam

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 04:00

No Events found!