Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2013 13:00

Dell Inspiron n5010 wont turn on, no beeps , no lights, nothing.

I recently changed the screens on my laptop without difficulty. The next day i went to classes and brought my laptop since it was now fixed. When i went to turn it on it was very dark and i couldn't adjust the brightness. I couldn't get pass the log on screen so i held down the power button but it would not turn off so i took out the battery. I put the battery back in and left the laptop alone till i got home. I thought that the problem with the screen was a wire came loose or something of that nature so i took apart the screen and made sure everything was plugged in. I put it back together and put the battery back in and went to turn it on to see if the screen problem was resolved and it wouldn't boot or anything. I don't get any beeps, fans, or lights that turn on. HELP!?!?!?!

1.1K Posts

Hi Jamien606,

It appears to be an issue with the motherboard, however, you can first try to replace the charging port which may fix the issue.
Go to this link: http://dell.to/Mbe3zg 
Enter your system's Service Tag and it will show up the warraty information. Please let me know if your system is still under the warranty.

Please reply with the information.

1.1K Posts

Hi Jamien606,

Do you see light on the adapter? You may drain the flea power and see if that makes a difference:

• Disconnect all the external peripherals.
  • Unplug AC Adapter and also take off the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.
  • Connect the AC Adapter back and check if the system is working fine.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

11 Posts

I did that and nothing happened. The green light on the brick of the AC adapter goes out when i plug it back into the laptop.

11 Posts

February 7th, 2013 17:00

Yeah it says it is still under warranty.

1.1K Posts

February 8th, 2013 14:00

Hi Jamien606,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad that the system is still under warranty.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag on a private message so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply for any further questions.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

March 5th, 2013 20:00

Hi Jamien606.

Thank you for the response. You may try the following steps:

Please check in BIOS:

• Power off the computer
  • Restart the computer, tap F2 on the Dell logo
  • Once you are on the BIOS screen, check if you face the same issue

Alternately, run the LCD BIST. To run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-test):

• Power off the computer
  • Press and hold the D key on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then release both at the same time.
  • This will initiate A grey screen, then Red, then Blue, then Green, then White
  • Please check for if you are able to see the screen properly

Please reply if you have any questions.

11 Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

I did both and still cant see.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2016 12:00

please see this video

www.youtube.com/watch

it work for me

No Events found!