Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2014 23:00

Dell Inspiron n5110 black screen after installation

Hi,

I have install windows 8.1 Enterprise in Dell n5110 its giving me black screen ,

I tried open in safe mode , and uninstall display driver and again restart , i got the login screen after login screen appear for 5 miniutes after 5 min again it goes BLACK ,

Give me solution please 

2 Posts

January 8th, 2015 09:00

Worked for me -> I wasted my 5 + hours looking for the solution. This worked for me!!!!

1.Turn windows 8.1 on in safe mode(By pressing f8 on startup)
2.Download and install latest BIOS file from dell (I installed A11. Mine had an old A05 BIOS file in it)
3.Download and install latest driver for Intel HD 3000(or 4000/4400 etc [mine had 3000])
4.Restart your dell inspiron in the normal mode again
5.Enable the intel hd 3000 if it is not enabled

November 13th, 2014 00:00

Hi AbdulMuqeet,

Welcome to Dell community.

I’d be glad to assist you regarding the same, it looks like a No Video issue as you hear the windows logging in and there was no picture or video on the screen. Try connecting an external monitor to your computer and let us know if the display works fine there.

Let us know if this helps.

November 13th, 2014 00:00

Hi Mohammed 

I connect my laptop to external monitor and it works fine there. but not in my laptop.

November 13th, 2014 01:00

Hi AbdulMuqeet,

Run the diagnostics on the computer (Restart the computer by holding the power button and D and wait till the LCD test completes) and let me know if you observe the color on screen during diagnostics.

In case the system has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation

Awaiting your response!

November 13th, 2014 02:00

Hi AbdulMuqeet,

Please refer to this link http://dell.to/14h26SA  and update video driver from the list. Restart the system and the resolution will be normal as it was earlier.

November 13th, 2014 02:00

Dear , i tried your suggestion but its not diagnosing my laptop.

i install windows 8.1 again , this time i switched of automatic updates , and roll back my display river to previous one Basic Display , its working fine , 

but this is not the solution , look and feel of the system is very awful , how can i fix this   

September 23rd, 2015 08:00

hi,

when i was trying to install the driver from driver pack cd my laptop suddenly restart and and when it was loading the windows logo it turn into black and stop in that position......

No Events found!