wiggywam
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron not detecting wireless networks

Jump to solution

I am having problems with my laptop with windows vista, can someone please help me out?  A couple days ago I had comcast install high speed internet with my modem and router, and my computer detected the network (along with other networks) and connected just fine.  The next day I accidently left my computer unplugged and the battery ran out. Since then the computer will not detect any wireless networks.  If I physically plug it in with ethernet it works fine, and I have other devices that connect to my wireless network.  I have tried disabling and enabling the wireless adapter under networks and sharing, but this did not work.  I have also tried to download the wireless driver again, but I'm not sure if I am doing it right (do I need to delete the previous driver? and how?).  I have also tried reseting the modem, router, and computer.  Any ideas? Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dell Inspiron not detecting wireless networks

Jump to solution
Hi, 

My name is Savinder and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
In addition to the resolution provided by Madhur Bung, you can also try enabling wireless network by pressing Fn+F2.
if it doesn't resolve the issue then try to run a Microsoft fix it.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9708108

Hope that would resolve your issue

Thanks,

Dell - Savinder S

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi wiggywam,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand your concern with regards to the wireless issue that you have do not work we would be able to help you in resolving the issue that you have.

I also appreciate the steps that you have done as you wanted to know if you want to remove driver you would need to remove it from programs and features and completely uninstall it from there and after that please restart the computer.

After restarting the computer please install the latest drivers from support.dell.com and you would need to enter the service tag so that you can get the correct drivers for your computer.

support.dell.com/.../index.aspx

Go ahead and download that drivers using Ethernet connection and install it on the computer.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Thanks and regards,
Madhur B
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
DELL-Allan D
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Hi wiggywam

Welcome to the Dell Community.

First of all I would like to appreciate the fact that you have tried most of the steps to isolate the problem and resolve it. However I would be glad to help you out with this issue and help you to resolve it.
Couple of steps I would suggest..:
Delete the current Drivers and Install the Latest one.
-- Go to Device Manager and locate the network drivers,
-- Uninstall the network drivers, when you get the popup to uninstall it , put the check mark beside delete this driver.
-- Restart the computer.
Once the computer is restarted,
-- Go to www.support.dell.com
-- Put in your Service Tag and choose the Operating System.
-- Download and Install the latest drivers for the network adaptors for your computer.
That should take care of the issue. If you need any other assistance please feel free to post back would be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Thanks & Regards
Allan D
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi, 

My name is Savinder and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
In addition to the resolution provided by Madhur Bung, you can also try enabling wireless network by pressing Fn+F2.
if it doesn't resolve the issue then try to run a Microsoft fix it.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9708108

Hope that would resolve your issue

Thanks,

Dell - Savinder S

View solution in original post

7- Thorium

Jump to solution

wiggywam,

Plug the adapter in the computer and charge the battery.

Shutdown the computer.

• Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Start the computer and try to connect. What happens?

Can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
wiggywam
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This was it, hitting F2 was all I needed to do.  It was so simple I just overlooked it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
mikestorr
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron not detecting wireless networks

Jump to solution

Along the same lines....

Comman Prompt results...     Service_Name: wzcsvc

Type     :20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS

STATE: STOPPED

HOW DO I MAKE IT SAY RUNNING?

0 Kudos
kryptonsamsung
1 Copper

Jump to solution

not working with my version xp3 inspiron 1525

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

kryptonsamsung,

Did you install/reinstall the operating system? Did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Apte
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My husband has Dell Inspiron 11"

It was working fine with the same router till one week ago and suddenly it is not catching the WiFi. All other devices and Dell Inspiron laptop, desktop, HP laptop and smart phones are working fine without any problem. I am writing this to you from my laptop, as he can not even write to you without the net.

However, the WiFi sign  .)))) on the toolbar shows full strength and also the status shows 'Connected' but none of the search engines are working. Skype, Google, Facebook nothing is working. We have tried all the ways given on your page except downloading drivers.

You have asked to instal some drivers, but how to do that without internet?

The laptop is also set for the previous dates, it worked for some time and again the problem persisted. Neighbouring routers have no interference as the other devices are working fine.

Please help.