Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 6th, 2013 16:00

Dell Inspiron one 2305 Video problem

The unit is of 2011 vintage. It has developed the following problem. First the screen starts to balloon white, Bright white washing all image out. Then fades to black. The system is still running in the back round, drive activity. To recover from the problem you need to power down (Take all power from the unit). Let the system set for anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days, then it will start up and run. It might run for 15 minutes, it might run for 5 days.  If it has not recovered from the last event, when you boot the system all you see at the Dell post screen is slightly less then half of the Circle around the Dell Symbol . The when it goes into window start up  (F8 Safe mode recovery screen) The only part you see looks to be the first few lines collapsed on its self at the very top of the screen. It then balloons white and fades to black. Where do I start?  I checked for excessive heat. It Does not get hot to the touch. Inverter board? Screen? Has anyone else had this issue?

1.5K Posts

August 6th, 2013 17:00

Hi Stevexsr,

You may check for the hardware functionality by running hardware diagnostics on the system:

• Power on and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error.

You may check in system BIOS if the issue persists. Tap 3-4 times at Dell logo to enter BIOS.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.

4 Posts

August 7th, 2013 08:00

If the system is bootable it passes all the diagnostics. If the system is having a spell you cannot get to the diagnostics screen to run them. You also are unable to get to the bios screen. At least you can not see anything.

1.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 16:00

Hi Stevexsr,

You may try connecting an external monitor to the system and check if the issue persists on external monitor as well.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!