Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2015 13:00

Dell Integrated Cam stopped working on Windows 10

Hi,

I own a Dell XPS 15 L502x system with Windows 10. I've been using the system for about a month and a half now without any issues with my Quantas integrated webcam. Today when I was on skype, the cam crashed and it wouldn't work then on.

So far these are all the things I have tried:

1. I restarted the PC.
  2. Uninstalled Dell Webcam Central, restarted and then re-installed it.
  3. Uninstalled the Imaging Device from Device Manager and Windows 10 didn't detect it on restart.
  4. Manually tried installing the Quantas Driver, it was installed in compatibility mode and still the imaging device is not showing up in the Device Manager.
  5. My PC Doctor Dell Diagnostics show no problem at all. All tests are passed.
  6. Tried restoring the PC to a previous point, still no luck.
  7. As a last resort, used the hardware troubleshooter it didn't find any issues.
  8. Also tried to add a device manually in Device Manager, but it didn't work too. Also tried add legacy hardware, still not fixed.

My whole business depends on Skype calls and this is a big blow to me right now. 

I updated Windows 10 only after the Microsoft tool showed me that my PC is ready and suited for Windows 10 upgrade. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

October 24th, 2016 02:00

Well, there have been developments:-

I left Webcam Central open and suddenly, yesterday afternoon after waking the XPS-12 up from hibernation, I spotted that the Camera Active light was on! (I hadn't done a restart since my last post, just hibernation.) I checked Skype and it was working with a Dell Webcam Central control panel.

Checked it again this morning and everything is working with Skype still communicating with the web-cam via Dell Webcam Central.

I've looked in Device Manager and Imaging Devices has reappeared (after showing Hidden Devices) complete with the web-cam.

Shutting down Webcam Central and then, in Skype, going Tools-Options-Video settings, immediately fires Dell Webcam Central up again.

Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

22 Posts

December 11th, 2016 22:00

1 Message

August 2nd, 2017 06:00

I have a L502x (w10 home) and L702x (w10 pro).

I've got the webcam working on the l502x. using driver R277344 (installed under w7 compatiblity mode) and then installing webcam central 1.40.05. Everything works fine including skype!

However, using the same driver and software on the L702x and webcam central will not work, just hangs saying webcamdell2.exe is not responding. BTW webcam is fine using web test page.

Its so frustrating that a simple device like a webcam causes such issues when your just trying to keep your os up to date!

Can anyone help

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 15:00

benali10,

All the drivers and information can be found in the article...

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Rick

No Events found!