Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2012 14:00

Dell L511z precise weight information needed

Hi

I tried to find the weight of the Optical drive and the HDD but i coudln't find those values,

Would anybody know these? 

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 21st, 2012 23:00

Hi Falco09,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please find the weight related information for your laptop's 'hard drive' land 'optical drive' originally shipped with the computer:
1. 'Hard Drive' (Seagate 750GB SATA 2 7200 RPM Drive): 0.254 lb or 115 gms
2. 'Optical Drive' (HLDS GS30N DVD±RW Drive): About 130 g

You may want to refer to the detailed technical specifications of both components:
Hard Drive: http://bit.ly/UpmEhd
Optical Drive: http://dell.to/UUpdX4

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. Glad to assist.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 21st, 2012 17:00

Hi Falco09,

Mentioned below are technology details of the 'hard drives' and 'optical drives' shipped with XPS 511z laptop:
1. Hard Drive type:
2.5-inch 7200-rpm HDD 500GB and 750GB (SATA 2) and 2.5-inch Solid State Drive 256GB

2. Optical Drive type:
DVDRW, 8X, SATA, 9.5 Slot Drive

Various manufacturers produce these components. Though the form factor and functionality of drives from 2 different manufacturers are exactly same; however they may vary in weight. You may want to check the weight related information for any specific drive with its manufacturer.

If you need the exact weight of the drives installed in your laptop, please share the system's 'Service Tag'. I will check the order details and will provide you exact information.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on 'Friends' tab at the top and then click on 'Request to Review' and finally click on 'Accept' button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on 'Inbox' to respond to the message and provide the system's 'Service Tag' so I may access your system records and provide you exact details. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

8 Posts

November 21st, 2012 19:00

I need specific weight, since i was not able to find it by myself with those manufacturer identification keys which i had already found.

here is my service tag

5508tq1

If you happen to fall on the power usage chart of those 2 devices i would need it too :)

Thanks alot

8 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 10:00

This did anwser the first question. Would you be able to give me power consumption charts of those 2 component?

Idle vs Active?

Thank you :)

8 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 10:00

Nevermind found it in the links :)

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 22:00

Hi Falco09,

Glad that you found the data useful. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

No Events found!