Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 12th, 2015 05:00

Dell Latitude E5430 BIOS Corrupted

Yesterday, I removed some entries from UEFI boot stack from BIOS. After that, my laptop is unable to boot. It struck at Dell Boot Logo. It neither goes into pre-boot assessment nor into BIOS or One time Boot Option. I think the BIOS is corrupted. Tell me how to reflash/reinstall BIOS.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 12th, 2015 06:00

To reset the BIOS settings:

Remove the battery

Unplug the system

Hold the power button for 30 sec.

14 Posts

September 15th, 2015 00:00

I did that but bios isn't reset

2K Posts

September 15th, 2015 05:00

Hi ahmedbilal,

You could flash the BIOS if the system goes to f12 boot menu. I could provide you the link to create a bootable flash drive and then flash the BIOS through that. However, as advised, it is only possible if the system goes to f12 boot menu.

You could choose to remove and reseat the RAM modules and check - sometimes doing this would make the system go to f2 / f12.

To default the BIOS entries - you could also try reseating the CMOS / Coin Cell Battery - download the service manual - http://dell.to/1idvekt - and check on how to do the same.

Keep us updated.

14 Posts

September 16th, 2015 00:00

Now, I can access BIOS as well as Windows. But, It sometimes still unable to pass POST. When, that happens I removed the cell and then place it again and then it start working again. Please specify permanent fix.

2K Posts

September 17th, 2015 00:00

Hi ahmedbilal,

Please update the BIOS and run the diagnostics as advised in my previous post and keep us updated.

No Events found!