Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2017 12:00

Dell Precision 3510 Overheating

My precision 3510 (i7-6700HQ, 512GB SSD,  16GB, AMD ATI Firepro w5130m) is heating. In idle CPU temp around 70-80 celsius and GPU 85 celsius. On load it is up to 90 - 97 celsius degree . When i contacted with Dell support, they told me that by the their policy 102 celsius degree is overheating, so they do not think that i had a problem. But anyway i carried to autorized service for diagnostic. They found that heat sink - is not working correcty and thermal paste dry, so they changed heat sink and applied new thermal paste. Yes, now it is a little bit better, but anyway it is now, on idle 60-70 celsius degree and GPU 70 celsius degree and now i also has some problems with touchpad, it is freeze while i using it. Again i carried it to the service and the engineer told me that they will diagnose the problem with the touchpad, but about the overheating he is said that it is normal operation temperature for these laptop and dell engineers says that just 102 celsius degree is overheating, But i am sure it is not, because i used these laptop for 1 year and i did not have such issue. Also i am have more that 10 year experience with the mobile workstations. I understand that on load temperature can increase up to 70-85 celsiuse degree, may be a little more. But not on idle 60-70 celsius degree. Does anybody have same issue with such configuration? Is it really normal operation temp for these latpop? What can be wrong with it?

2 Posts

December 14th, 2017 05:00

finnaly, after almost 2 weaks, enginners decided to replace motherboard. I hope it will resolve an issue.

No Events found!