Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 10th, 2017 15:00

Dell Precision 5510: Bluetooth headset vs WiFi connection

Hello, I'm using Dell precision 5510 workstation, when I connect my bluetooth headset .. my wifi connection is very unstable, I've changed my wifi modem settings to 802.11b/g/n to 802.11b/g, also changing the channel and that helped improving stability, however it's not completely stable yet .. when using the wifi bandwidth up to only 4 Mbps, the bluetooth connectivity gets extremely weak, and it's very frustrating ..
I've already updated my network and bluetooth drivers to the latest .. still didn't solve this interference issues.

Thanks in advance

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 11th, 2017 13:00

Hi there- can you let me know what wireless card your system has? 

Best regards,

Brad

April 11th, 2017 14:00

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 14th, 2017 07:00

I sent PM.

Best regards,

Brad

1 Message

April 19th, 2017 05:00

What's the resolution here?  I have the same problem and need help!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 19th, 2017 15:00

I just noticed something on my system which has an AC 3165.  I could pair the headset fine and then connect.   But after powering down and back up, it would not connect.

I noticed the Win 10 Bluetooth page showed the headset as connected but the Playback devices from the speaker icon showed it down.  I turned off the Bluetooth switch and then turned it back on and the headset repaired and connected.

The situation in this thread seems to be the device is not maintaining the connection.  Maybe it is losing the connection and once it does that it won't renew the connection.

The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio can interfere with the Bluetooth signal.  Try the operation is another location and moving the headset to different positions fin reference to the computer.

The headset itself may also be involved.  Newer systems, like the 8260 use Bluetooth 4.2, I believe.  If the headset is older there may be compatibility problems.

No Events found!