This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 28th, 2017 15:00

Dell Precision M6800 - doesn't turn on.

Hello!

I've got a problem with Dell Precision M6800. Notebook doesn't turn on (only storage LED blinking). This problem fix only removing ram memory for a while and reinserting again - after this operation laptop start normally. But when I turn notebook off, the problem come back and I must make memory operation again. I made tests on 2 different types of ram memory.

Is the motherboard faulty?

Best Regards,

Thomas

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 29th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

Windows 10 is on the system? What year or how old is the computer? The computer is within warranty? Please click on the link below to help narrow down any troubleshooting you will carry out to identify the cause of your current issue.

A reference guide to the Precision Mobile Diagnostic ...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 30th, 2017 06:00

Yes, there is windows 10. The computer is after warranty time right now. With identyify I have a little problem, because the diagnostic led combination doesn't exit in possible variants, In my case is  -HDD/Storage LED  - blinking, Battery LED - off, Wireless LED - off.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 30th, 2017 08:00

" I made tests on 2 different types of ram memory ".

I'm assuming you installed the correct memory / ram that fit the specification for the system?

Page 76:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 30th, 2017 08:00

' HDD/Storage LED  - blinking, Battery LED - off, Wireless LED - off ".

I don't see any mention of the Device Status LED's codes that says HDD blinking, battery- off, WIFI -off. Hard drive / Storage activity indicator; Blinking white when the laptop reads or writes data. The WIFI switch is enable or turn on ? The computer is connected to a WIFI network ? 

Support for Precision M6800 | Manuals & documents | Dell US

EDIT / Troubleshooting Your Computer /  Pages 73 & 74

No Events found!