TomCak
1 Copper

Dell PremierColor - General Instructions on Usage

Hi, 

It's extremely frustrating that there's no general usage instructions for PremierColor and how or why I'd want to use it. I have a 7710 laptop with a 4K UHD display, I wish to use for photo-editing. 

Is there instructions anywhere? 

What I find particularly confusing is the different profiles and why I'd want to use them. 

I always capture in AdobeRGB with my cameras. Then edit in LR and CC in AdobeRGB, and convert to sRGB when saving for .jpg's or web display. 

When I change profiles in PremierColor with an image on the screen, I can see quite obvious changes in the image when switching between the profiles. 

Normally in CC, as I said, I convert from AdobeRGB to sRGB when saving as a .jpg and there's little visible difference in color/tone in  the generated image. 

So I''m totally confused about what PremierColor is supposed to be doing for me and how it will interact when I do display calibration. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell PremierColor - General Instructions on Usage

TomCakalic,

Which Dell Monitor do you have connected to your computer?  The  24" and larger Dell™ UltraSharp™ monitors with IPS technology, PremierColor technology offers reliable, true-to-life color without the need for extensive calibration.Dell UltraSharp monitors with PremierColor technology come with factory-tuned Adobe® RGB and sRGB modes, impressive grayscale tracking and a color calibration factory report. This helps minimize the need for further tuning or measurement after the monitor is hooked up.

0 Kudos