Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Dell Screen Goes Haywire

I am using a Dell studio with Windows 7. I am having two major problems that make it impossible for me to use and it's only 18 months old. First, Windows keeps shutting down when I leave the computer for two minutes or when I'm in the middle of something. The second and most annoying problem is that the touchpad goes crazy ALL the time. If I am in the middle of something, the webpage or Word document or photo can go from tiny to huge and back three sizes. It makes it impossible to use because I have to use the control + or - function the adjust the page. But that works for a few seconds and it goes haywire again! I have no idea how to control it or fix it. HELP!!!

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

January 21st, 2013 18:00

Hi Americanwoman,

I recommend checking in safe mode (restart the computer and tap F8 on Dell logo and select safe mode). Check if the computer shuts down and check the status of  touch pad.

If the issue still persists run diagnostics on the computer (Turn off the computer and then hold down the FN key and the power button, the computer would restart and start running diagnostics).

Also try installing Touch freeze .This Utility disables touchpad automatically while you are typing text.

Install the touch freeze drivers from the below link: 

http://bit.ly/12PbuR 

From the above link, click on Downloads sections, save the file and run the file.

Note : It is a third party website the website could have its own terms and conditions and there could not be any guarantee for the drivers; however try installing it if necessary.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!