Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 09:00

Dell Tech Support stinks!

My problem with my Inspiron 14R N4110 is: the laptop failed to boot, complaining disk error.  I tried the recovery disk, but it did not help.  The laptop is still in its 1-year hardware warranty. 

I bought the laptop in US and I am in Canada.  Do I have to ship it back to US for repair?  Could Dell Canada repair it for me?

The DELL Tech Support online chat does not work for me, as I am in Canada and I bought my laptop in Staples of NY, US last summer. I tried to call 1-800-847-4096 (Canada tech support number), and after over 40 minutes waiting and 3 helpless agents transfering my calls around, the phone was eventually transferred to a deadend and cut-off.

The worst tech support I ever experienced!!!

I know this forum may not be the best place, but I do not want to waste my time on phone.  Is there a DELLsupport email address for me to contact the tech support by email?

Thanks,

Bryan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 29th, 2013 10:00

Bryan,

I think you may have to do a International Ownership Transfer Form Don't think it's this form, Dell - Ownership Transfers

Sorry to hear you're having issues. If you click on the blue DELL-Lorna M on the next page start conversation, please provide the following information. Lorna will be able to assist you.

Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Dell Order Number or Service Tag number:

Issues:

Rick

January 29th, 2013 16:00

Thanks Rick! 

I did the ownership transfer, and it said that it would take up to 15 days.  My daughter has her school works in the computer and this is exam week.

Bryan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 30th, 2013 10:00

Bryan,

Sorry to hear this.

You can Download Knoppix Live CD or DVD and put it in the cd/dvd rom and boot the system.

You should be able to locate her files and transfer them to a flash drive or dvd.

Rick

January 31st, 2013 11:00

Thanks again. Unfortunately, I tried to restore the system back to its previous backup disk image and lost all her files.  The laptop is still having issues, and my owner transfer was somehow denied.

2 Posts

December 19th, 2013 12:00

I bought a brand new Dell laptop and the wifi did not work at all.  It was horrible.  I have spent months with their so called "tech support" and it has been a joke!  It is now December and I still have the same problems!  I will never, ever, buy another another Hell computer again.  Oh, forgot to mention that the power transformer died.  So now, I have not power nor battery power.  This is the most expensive door stop that I have ever bought.

1 Message

September 19th, 2016 23:00

Agree!  My Dell Inspiron had keyboard issues when it was about 6 months old.....all the keys on the left hand side, 1, q, a, z, tab and caps lock, became hard to use, then completely stopped working.  I called customer support and after running " diagnostics" they concluded that it was a software problem and therefore not covered under warrantee.  Not!  Just their way of getting out of warrantee ing the computer!  I spent about 2 hours on the phone for them to come to this conclusion.   So I went to Walmart and bought a $20 Bluetooth keyboard so I can use my fancy 2 in 1, touchscreen, compact lightweight laptop!  I will never buy another Dell!

No Events found!