Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 26th, 2017 02:00

Dell Update problem

Dell Update keep asking for a "Intel HD Graphics 520" update. I installed the update several times, but nothing changes.

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9350

Installed Graphic Driver version: 21.20.16.4664 (which is, in fact, the latest version in dell support website).

Windows 10 Home 10.0.15063

How can I fix this?

EDIT:

related problems:

a) whenever I put my laptop on standby

- chrome and every open app, crashes

- energy savings turns off

• 

17K Posts

August 28th, 2017 10:00

lorenzo004,

If itis already updated you do not need to continue to update. Disregard the message, You can disable the popup by right clicking on it.  If the apps do not have internet access when in sleep mode they will not work, Click the link below for possible resolution.

Fix: WiFi gets disconnected after Sleep in Windows 8/10

August 29th, 2017 02:00

Thank you Jesse. .

The option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the 'power management' tab, has always been checked in the past, and i never encountered this problem.

I tried anyway, but this strange behavior is still there.

When I say that Chrome crashes I don't mean that it loses connection, but that it shuts off.

It's the same for every other app.

Furthermore, energy saving turns off and it doesn't seem like I can disable the popup by right clicking on it :(

Thank you

lorenzo

13 Posts

August 31st, 2017 12:00

Lorenzo, I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

September 1st, 2017 14:00

Hi Keliason,

I tried a lot of the workarounds I found online. Nothing solved the problem, apart from the last one I tried yesterday.

I restarted Windows 10 in safe mode, and while in safe mode I uninstalled the driver of the graphic card.

When I restarted the laptop again, the system was using a different driver (I can't remember the name but it was something like a standard windows kind of drive) and the strange behavior was over. After some time (maybe 10') the old troubled driver was automatically on again. Today I put Windows on on standby and now it works. I hope you understand everything. English is not my first language, as you  may have noticed. I'm tired of all this ***. Please let me know if it worked for you.

ps: I uninstalled Dell update

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT: I also made a clean of all temporary files and registry with cclenaer while in safe mode (even if the guy in the forum didn't mention to clean the registry - anyway I created a point of recovery)

lorenzo

No Events found!