Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2013 13:00

Dell Vostro 2520 Bluetooth and Wireless Driver problems

I have a problem with newly acquired Dell vostro 15.6' laptop I installed wiindows 7 64 bit, downloaded Bluetooth and wireless drivers from www.support.dell.com  but they refused to work saying they are incompatible. Am stranded and confused.

help me out.

thanks

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2013 22:00

Hi ishebo.max,

Welcome to the Community,

Do you know which wireless card is installed on the system?

If its the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) Dell Wireless 1703 Bluetooth (Combo card) below is the link for the correct driver:

www.dell.com/.../vostro-2520

After reinstalling the Windows you will need to install the drivers in the correct order,if not some of the drivers may not get installed.

Refer to this link for correct order of installing drivers: support.dell.com/.../document

Hope this helps,

Thank You

2 Posts

January 12th, 2013 15:00

THIS IS THE VERSION OF THE WIRELESS DRIVERS WHICH REFUSED TO WORK IN MY MACHINE AND I DOWNLOADED THEM FROM DELL'S OFFICIAL SITE:

"Title: Network: Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
Dell Wireless 1703 Bluetooth Driver
Version: A00-00        WP0000008621
OEM Name:
OEM Version: WLAN:9.2.0.496,BT:7.4.0.126
Computers: Inspiron: 3420, 3520; Vostro Notebook: VOSTRO 2520
OS: Windows 7 32-bit - Professional, Windows 7 64-bit - Home Premium, Windows 7 64-bit - Home Basic, Windows 7 64-bit - Ultimate, Windows 7 64-bit - Professional, Windows 7 32-bit - Home Basic, Windows 7 32-bit - Ultimate, Windows 7 32-bit - Starter, Windows 7 32-bit - Home Premium
Languages: Czech,Khmer,Swiss German,Italian,Chinese Traditional,English,Dutch,Br Portuguese,Turkish,Norwegian,Chinese Hong Kong,Romanian,Chinese Simplified,Latvian,Bahasa Indonesian,Danish,Ukrainian,French,Finnish,Hungarian,Maltese,Korean,Russian,Lithuanian,Iberian Portuguese,Croatian,Polish,Thai,Serbian Latin,Pan-Euro,Japanese,Spanish,Slovenian,Portuguese (Portugal),Basque,German,Swedish,Hebrew,Bulgarian,Arabic,Estonian,Slovakian,Greek
Created: 7/19/2012"

I THINK THEY ARE THE SAME DRIVERS WHICH YOU ARE REFERRING ME TO.

STILL PUZZLED.

THANK YOU.

4.4K Posts

January 15th, 2013 00:00

Hi ishebo.max,

Try reinstalling Windows and then reinstall the drivers in the correct order as given in the link in my previous response.

4 Posts

November 14th, 2013 06:00

Hi

I have to tell you that this is the third time in a row I've come across this refusal of a Dell system to allow Win update (7) to find and install drivers and none of the drivers from Dell will work or install properly. What is the design intention of Dell where this is concerned, why have you designed/built systems that make a simple re-insall into a marathon task?

Following your advice above I have managed 1 out of 3 to get wifi working but bluetooth wont work or install drivers no matter what. The other two I have had to work extremely hard using multiple software and online resources to get anywhere near wifi working.

What are Dell proposing to do to resolve this ONGOING ISSUE? If Dell do not resolve this issue I and many other techs will stop recommending customers purchase your systems. i will certainly be advising my customers of this and reporting it on the forums I use as I dare say will others!

1 Message

December 2nd, 2014 03:00

سلام عليكم

No Events found!