Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2013 11:00

Dell Vostro 3560

I bought dell vostro 3560 and installed windows 8-64 bit in it. my issue is the hotspot of my vostro 3560 is not working ie it gets connected, also my cell phone gets connected to wifi but i couldnt suffer thru my cell. my installed wireless driver is some DW_1703, i have tried to installed many drivers related to DW_1704 but it says that my system is not compatible to DW_1704. also my cell has no issue as i connect my cell thru wifi n do suffer. Can somebody please help me up with this issue...?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

August 1st, 2013 12:00

Hi Akshay,

Please share the screenshot of the Device Manager with the Network Adapters and Other Devices expanded. Here are the steps:

• Press the key combination Windows Logo key + R key to open Run dialog box.
  • Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  • The Device Manager windows will appear.
  • Click on the sign next to Network Adapters and Other Devices to expand it.

Also, share the Hardware Ids of the device which has a bang in the Device Manager, this will assist me to identify device and its drivers. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Select your device and right click on it.
  • Click Properties from the drop down list.
  • Click Details and then click Device description button to select Hardware Ids.
  • Share the Hardware Ids mentioned under Value.

You may send me the system information via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Please include the following information:

• Service Tag
  • System Owner's Name
  • Email Address

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

August 2nd, 2013 04:00

• Service Tag = 
  • System Owner's Name = Akshay Jadhav
  • Email Address =

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

August 2nd, 2013 18:00

Hi Akshay,

Thank you for sharing the information. The drivers appear to be correctly installed. I did some research online and found this link http://bit.ly/BveKB that you can refer to for creating a hotspot on your system.

Dell does not endorse or has tested these settings. Please reply if you have any questions.

August 2nd, 2013 21:00

Sir I have got Windows 8 - 64 bit installed in my system and the link which u mailed me is for windows 7, so I am not getting "SET UP A WIRELESS AD-HOC" tab in my system instead of that I am getting the following tab

Will u please help me with this sir??

Also, with one of the drivers i have got the hotspot client i.e.,

with this client my cell is connected to wifi but i cant surf through my cell, and my cell has no problem as i have connected my phone before to another wifi.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

August 5th, 2013 18:00

Hi Akshay,

The steps for Windows 7 and Windows 8 are almost identical. I did some further research on this and found this link http://bit.ly/YUcfQQ. You may try the steps mentioned here, but most likely Dell Wireless 1703 does not support hotspot configuration.

Please reply if you have any questions.

August 6th, 2013 07:00

Even this is not working sir..

what should I do now..?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

August 6th, 2013 18:00

Hi Akshay,

This indicates that Dell Wireless 1703 does not support the hotspot setup. Please reply if you have any questions.

August 7th, 2013 04:00

so what should i do now?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

August 7th, 2013 17:00

Hi Akshay,

You will need to upgrade the wireless card to one that supports this function. Please reply if you have any questions.

August 8th, 2013 11:00

do u have any idea about the updated wireless card which u are talking about..? and can u send me the download link..?/

August 8th, 2013 12:00

what should i exactly do..?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi Akshay,

You will need to purchase another wireless card which supports the hotspot feature and install it in your system. You need to replace the wireless card of your system to be able to use it as hotspot.

Please reply if you have any questions.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

It isn't a download you need.  it's a new wireless card.

August 8th, 2013 13:00

also my fingerprint reader is not detected from now and then so should i get replaced my fingerprint scanner too from dell under my hardware warranty...??

August 8th, 2013 13:00

does this wireless card is under my hardware component..? and i have got waranty of my system so  will i get a replaced wireless card from dell..??

also my fingerprint reader is not detected from now and then and this problem has occured to me as i got this vostro 3560, so should i also replace the fingerprint scanner of my vostro 3560 under warranty...and does fingerprint scanned comes under hardware component...???

No Events found!