Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2011 04:00

Dell Vostro a840 Battry Problem

Vostro a840 Battery Problem Hey im new in here and i have a very anoying Problem i have a Dell Vostro a840 Notebook Windows 7 installed when i start it i get a msg says the battery cannot recognize the system will be unable to charge the battery strike f1 to cuntinue f2 to run setup f3 dignostic and the AC ADAPTE R Not charging if i unplugged it the PC will shutdown also the Battery light flashes Orange then Blue and some times detects the battery sometimes No Plz help me~!!!! Plz i need it so badly

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 11th, 2011 06:00

You do not open the AC adapter - they're not repairable.  Replace it with a new one.  A damaged adapter - which otherwise costs about $30-40 to replace - can easily destroy a $150 battery or a $300 mainboard.

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 04:00

Ohh i forgot to say tWhen it detects the battery its says Plugged in and not charging plz give me the answer in the nearst time!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2011 05:00

Does the BIOS report the AC adapter, or is it listed as unknown?

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 06:00

None of that

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 07:00

I fleped the PC and i found out that the battery wasnt combletly inserted so i gave it a lettle push down the battery now is always detected but still the PLUGGED IN AND NOT CHARGING PROBLEM HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Posts

watch this

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If the system correctly recognizes the AC adapter but the battery won't charge, chances are high the battery is the problem.

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 08:00

Thanx for Posting i will purchace a new one and  ill keep you in  knowledge,but ive saw videos in youtupe pepole have the exact problem they fix it by twisting the ac adapter or take it off and butting it back i remember the first time it was working it was fine until i was playing then Battery low alert has pop out then i shutt down and move to the other room thats the last time it was working fine

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 11:00

i didnt find an exllent answer yet

12 Posts

August 9th, 2011 14:00

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trusted Dell Community is the only place on the Internet that can helps me  cuz when i bught my PC I didnt buy TOHSIBA Or HP Or another brand i Choiced Dell Inc. i wasnt Expect one man Reply:emotion-9: Dell.com i need you! Where are you!!!!!!!!??????????

Ineed your help help me like i helped you i bought u choicing u on 100 brand

12 Posts

August 10th, 2011 15:00

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 10th, 2011 16:00

You've changed your story so many times no one can help much.  If the battery IS recognized and not flashing a failure pattern, and the adapter IS recognized, then you have a faulty system board.

If the battery IS recognized and the adapter is not, then the adapter MAY be faulty - try another one.  If that doesn't solve the problem, the system board is bad.

12 Posts

August 11th, 2011 05:00

i found that the Battery And the Adaprer BOTH they are not recgonized some Youtube vidz say u have to open ur AC Adapter there is a wire cutted so i open up mine TRUE there is a wire Cutted! its to short to reconnect it but when i shut it down  reput the battery and the AC Adapter i got A msg that they  both cannot be recognized

12 Posts

August 11th, 2011 18:00

A new warning msg its show up when start up da PC "AC Adapter Widdge and type cannot be determenated etc Please connect a dell 65 w or greator

12 Posts

August 11th, 2011 18:00

Yeah i will buy i new one But if i bought it and i detects that the problen is the battery what should i Do

No Events found!