Heidi42
1 Nickel

Dell XPS 11 Intel Graphics causing problems

My Dell XPS 11 has Intel Graphics 4200 with the latest driver from the Dell product support page. When I flip my laptop into tablet mode, the display turns off. A Dell tech support person uninstalled the Intel graphics, which solved the display problem but caused a new problem. My laptop became extremely slow without the Intel driver so I re-installed it which made it much faster but the display problem returned. I now think that this Intel graphics driver is the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and know a solution, such as using an older driver? I have disabled all sleep mode options.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smedford
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 11 Intel Graphics causing problems

I have the same issue.  First refurb XPS 11 2 in 1 shipped had keys that didn't work and wouldn't charge.  Dell sent another.  It is also a refurb.  But this one will not work in tablet mode.  The screen goes black.  Sleeps, but if you turn off sleep mode, close lid into tablet mode it goes black, upon opening it again error message   "intel graphics driver has crashed and recovered."

So I uninstalled driver and installed the stock windows driver.  Closed lid to go into tablet mode and the display stays on, but no touch support, the keyboard shuts off like it's supposed to but the touchpad works, thats the only way to move the cursor in tablet mode (with the still functioning touchpad on the back).

I've tried Dell's driver, I've tried intels driver, i've tried windows driver.  dell and intels graphics driver causes no display in tablet mode.  windows stock driver works but no touchscreen ability.  Im about to have to contact dell A THIRD TIME.

0 Kudos
Heidi42
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS 11 Intel Graphics causing problems

I had all the same problems as you, but without the keyboard part. The solution, after spending a lot of time on the phone and replacing the motherboard at Dell Repair Depot, an in-home repair guy replaced the screen. Since it's such a small laptop the whole upper-half was replaced. It was most likely a bad cable that attaches the screen to the motherboard. After this problen was finally solved it works very well and is a very nice laptop. See if you can specifically ask for this type of repair and once it's fixed, perhaps limit the number of times you rotate the screen into tablet mode. The screen attachment cables inside look pretty tight and I don't know how many times they can be twisted around without causing problems. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos