Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2015 17:00

Dell XPS 13 9343 Bluetooth headset problem

Just got a new XPS 13 9343. Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I have a Bluetooth headset (shows BT508 under device manager). I paired it, but it does not show up under Sound-->Playback setting. It shows up under Device Manger. I connected the Bluetooth headset to Lenovo X1 Carbon, the headset works fine. The difference is the XPS 13 uses DW1560 Bluetooth 4.0 LE, but X1 Carbon uses Intel wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + HS adapter. 

Do I need any special drive or software?

Thank you.

1.2K Posts

July 7th, 2015 08:00

Hi ,

I would ask you to provide a little more information about the issue you are facing ,

*May I know which is the operating system installed on the system .

*Have you set your headphone to discoverable mode and then set your Bluetooth manager to search for the device.

*Have you checked if any other bluetooth device works with this system ( Kindly check the same in safemode )

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards ,

3 Posts

July 8th, 2015 00:00

Hi Jennifer,

1.The system is windows 8.1 64bit

2. the headphone is in discoverable mode

3. I connect my Samsung S5 with the notebook, and I can send photos from the notebook to the phone.

I did the same thing with X1 Carbon, but just no luck with XPS13.

1.2K Posts

July 8th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply ! 

The fact that the notebook works fine with a Samsung S5 denotes the blue tooth card and the drivers are working fine .

This seems to be an issue with X1 Carbon settings .Request you to check this link as it might be of assistance .

Kind Regards ,

3 Posts

July 8th, 2015 12:00

The x1 carbon has no problem at all. The problem is xps13 can not connect the bluetooth headset.

1.2K Posts

July 8th, 2015 20:00

Hi ,

Here in this case the system connects with certain devices and fails to connect with some .I would suggest you to delete the pairing on both devices ,uninstall the bluetooth driver on the system .Send the service tag info ,OS info ( via private message ) so that I can forward  the link to the correct bluetooth driver .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards ,

8 Posts

January 25th, 2016 14:00

Hi, I am having the same problem with my dell XPS 13 (Windows 10). When connecting with a Bluetooth receiver, sometimes it works, the next time I want to use it, it doesn't connect, or it 'connects' with the Bluetooth thing, but as said by bbsbb  the device displays as an unenabled audio device.
The device works perfectly fine with my phone.
I have this problem with multiple Bluetooth devices in combination with my dell xps 13.
Every time this problems happens I have to struggle with removing and pairing again, restarting the Bluetooth device, removing the device in device manager, ...  ... multiple times until I am lucky and it connects for some time till it stops working in the middle of a song and then I have to go through all this hassle again... This is really frustrating knowing that I paid so much for an 'ultrabook' with drivers that can't even connect to a simple Bluetooth device!

I already checked for new drivers, but no luck....

1 Message

March 24th, 2016 14:00

Having the same problems as JN96 (using Dell XPS 13, Windows 10). Please advise for a fix.

7 Posts

April 30th, 2016 02:00

windows key + S

Type (device manager) into search box

click on Device Manager

Expand Buetooth

Right lick on (DW1560 bluetooth 4.0 LE)

Choose Enable

2 Posts

February 18th, 2017 04:00

Use this driver.

Works fine for my 2015 xps 13 9343 on Windows 10