Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2017 07:00

Dell XPS 13 laptop battery swollen and touchpad lifted.

Does anyone experience with dell touchpad lifted up by swollen battery?

My XPS13 is purchased on December 2013 so the warranty is out long time ago.

Other than touchpad issue, everything is working good and need advice how and where to replace touchpad and battery. My service Tag is

1 Attachment

11 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 02:00

Your answer is not acceptable. In My company, I have dozen of laptops in my company. I only saw a battery inflating in a very old Macbook (7 years old). I'm ok with you that a battery performance decrease in time but it should not inflate and destroy the hole computer!!! And the BIOS & Windows tell that the batterry is in good health.

11 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 05:00

Googd news, I've just received a call from Dell France and they finally accept to repair both laptops with the battery inflated!!!

I'm so happy to get paied for my perseverance :-)

16 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 05:00

Congratulations, Vince, I agree with you 100% that a failed/dead battery should not damage an entire laptop. Good news that Dell France has agreed to repair your laptops at no cost. When I'm ready to get mine repaired, I will tell Dell USA about your case and expect my 9333 machine to be fixed at no cost also. Keep us posted here with progress on your no-cost repairs from Dell so that others like me can use your case as precedent to get other 9333 machines like mine repaired at no cost as well.

11 Posts

November 28th, 2017 00:00

Hello

Dell will send a guy tomorrow to fix the 2 laptops. I don't know yet if he'll change the battery or also the touchpad.

I'll keepp you updated

Regards

11 Posts

November 29th, 2017 02:00

Hi!

A Dell technician came this morning to change touchpads & batteries. Defective 2 XPS 13 9333 laptops are now runing fine with a brand new battery.

Thank you Dell!

November 30th, 2017 09:00

Another Dell XPS 13 9333 with the same problem. Bought in UK in September 2014. It came with Windows 8.1 which I have since upgraded to Windows 10.

I had no idea what the cause of the raising of the touch pad was, although I noticed it got worse in hot weather.

How do you go about ordering a replacement battery if Dell are not supplying them?

I checked the invoice and the battery is listed as:

451-BBFJ : 6-Cell Battery (built-in)

Presumably 451-BBFJ is a Dell internal number?

Is there some industry standard number/size that you can use?

November 30th, 2017 09:00

I just noticed vince_mnstr's story. So it seems Dell do actually have a supply of these batteries?

11 Posts

December 1st, 2017 02:00

I haven't seen a Dell battery for this laptop on their website...

No Events found!