Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2017 07:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 Blue Screen KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

I initially started having video driver update problem, screen flickering and then blue screen appearing, I fix it by returning to the older version of the driver. Then tried to update the Samsung driver as recommended by someone on the forum, it couldn't be installed.

So now I started having this error KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION, when after closing the lid of the computer I open it, or sometimes randomly. 

How can I remediate this problem? 

I had the best experience with XPS 13 bought in 2008 that lasted eight years until it got stolen. 

The current XPS is disappointing, such an unstable system!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 23rd, 2017 09:00

Laptops do need driver updates. Not sure why you would install a Samsung driver on a Dell laptop. Dell customizes drivers for specific models and any rare updates must come from Dell. Uninstall the Samsung driver and rollback to the original one. You created the problem by updating drivers. Consider using the Reset Option in Recovery.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2017 11:00

Thank you Mary G., I followed suggestion of rmf2016 in this post en.community.dell.com/.../19988517

In anyway I wasn't able to install the samsung SSD driver...

So the only intervention I did was to reverse the version of Intel (R) HD graphics 530 "Solved it by rolling back video driver from 20.19.15.4590 to 20.19.15.4483" as suggested here en.community.dell.com/.../20991059

and now I am checking it and it still went to 4590 back, withouth the option to roll back the driver version?

No Events found!