Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 13th, 2016 19:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs

Well just got my new XPS 15 9550 with the 4K display, 256GB SSD and 960m GPU. Now as I use it for web surfing, etc. I have been getting these BSOD's where the display would freeze for about 10 or so seconds and BSOD displaying the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. I have reinstalled Windows 10 with default BIOS settings where the SATA controller is set to RAID. All drivers from dell have been installed and the error still shows its face multiple times a day. I have even tried running the latest nVidia driver (364.51) rather then the stock one (358.94) with the same issues. I'm running out of ideas why this is happening. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tom. 

1 Message

July 15th, 2017 09:00

Hi there,

I tried your driver. But it ended up with a message like, windows has detected that you have the latest version. So literally I can not apply any change.

9 Posts

July 16th, 2017 16:00

You can try to first uninstall the existing driver. It can be done from the Device Manager, select the device then choose Uninstall Device and in the message box that pops up make sure that the delete driver option is checked.

1 Message

July 22nd, 2017 04:00

Any suggestions if there's no Samsung NVMe Controller showing up there?

All i see is Microsoft Storage spaces Controller and Standard NVM Express Controller.

The driver won't pick up on these.

Having the same problem after several reinstalls.

This time, before installing i did set the SATA controller to disabled. Setting it to AHCI doesn't seem to change anything though, no Samsung NVMe Controller showing up for me.

No Events found!