Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 30th, 2016 14:00

Dell XPS 15 (9550) freezes randomly

Hi, I just got my brand new Dell XPS 15 9550. Ever since i got it, it freezes randomly while I am browsing internet. It just happens out of a sudden. I've tried flashing to different BIOS , from downgrading to 1.1.15 till upgrading to the latest 1.2.13 & it still happens. I not sure whether it is the BIOS or graphic drivers issue, I've tried updating to latest Intel 530 drivers & GTX 960m drivers (from official Nvidia website), still the same ***.

Anyone here is facing such issue? Mind to share a solution(If any)?

1 Message

January 9th, 2017 08:00

I have the same issue, not sure why, have you solved it?

April 12th, 2017 19:00

Hi, I found this thread while trying to fix a similar problem I had with my XPS 15 9550. On random occasions, often right after boot, it would be stuck in loop in which it would freeze for a few seconds, then have a short blackscreen, work for 2 seconds only to freeze again.

I tried the fixes that were suggested here, like downgrading the BIOS and reinstalling the NVIDA drivers - nothing worked.

Here is what worked for me:

After a few days I noticed that in between the black screens the color of the display would slightly change, wich led me to the preinstalled tool "Dell Premier Color". I quickly closed it from the task bar within two freezes and it actually stopped it! I continued to uninstall it completely and I haven't had a problem since, even with the latest BIOS installed.

I hope that helps somebody.

No Events found!