Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2017 05:00

Dell XPS 15 (9560) - touch screen stopped working

Hi everyone,

Before going to Dell service (since, for some reason, while being a top device owner, I cannot use Dell's email support), I'd want to ask if anyone else has/had any problems with touch screen.

System specs - 4k touch display, SSD 512, RAM 16G, Core i7 7700HQ.

Symptoms - out of the blue touch screen stopped working in the middle of the day (no prior reboots, not drivers updates, no software intall). I was simply using it to draw some stuff - and display stopped responding to touches.

I've checked Device Manager - touch device driver is there, no problems. Did reboot, did USB device checks, did Dell's online hardware check, did disable/enable touchscreen device - no results. The touch screen stays dead.

Last drivers update was done a few weeks ago (Intel HD Graphics video drivers to fix system freezes).

Did anyone have this? Any known fixes?

Thanks!

May 3rd, 2017 08:00

Not sure if this is the problem or not but found a post where someone had the same problem and they found that the wire for the touch screen that goes to the motherboard was burnt. Something else to look at:

www.ifixit.com/.../Touchscreen not working, touch screen wire burnt

Good luck!

532 Posts

May 4th, 2017 02:00

Hi Andy,

Welcome to our community.

We’ll surely try and assist you. Were there any software or hardware changes made to the system post which the issue started? We request you to calibrate the touch screen. Please follow this link which has steps to perform the calibration.

Let us know if this helped.

2 Posts

May 4th, 2017 04:00

Hi Lijo,

First, my name is not Andy.

Second, I definitely used-up all calibrations there are on all community suport forums people could suggest to each other (including dell's online system check tools). These were all done AFTER the issue, of course.

Third, there were no hardware modifications at all. And no software modifications prior to the issue either. Please, re-read my post. It is all there.

Thanks anyway.

No Events found!