Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2012 20:00

Dell XPS 15z error "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature"

Hi everyone, last night I was using the laptop when suddenly it off and do not use batteries anymore.
I have to plug in the power, boot then error "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature".
Please help me.
Thank you.

4.4K Posts

October 13th, 2012 04:00

Hi  polime169,

Welcome to the Community,

If removing and reconnecting the battery did not help,try updating the BIOS on your system using this link below :

www.dell.com/.../xps-15z

Note:While updating BIOS the AC adapter should be plugged in and battery should have more than 10 % charge.Also disconnect all external peripherals (such as USB devices) from the system.

If the issue persists even after updating BIOS and if the system works fine,without shutting down only with the AC adapter connected(without the battery),than you will need to get the battery replaced.System battery comes with one year of warranty.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank You

5 Posts

October 13th, 2012 07:00

Thank you.

I 've updated the bios to A06 and A11, but the results remain the same, still error "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature".

Do you have any other solutions?

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

October 13th, 2012 07:00

Generally, this is an indication of an internal failure of the battery.  You should be able to power the system on by holding the Fn key + the power button and engage the ePSA diagnostics.  If the battery is diagnosed as having failed, and the system is over a year old, you will likely need a replacement battery.  (In general, the portable system battery warranty is 1 year regardless of the length of the system warranty due to the item being a consumable resource.)

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 02:00

Hi polime169,

If your system is less than one year old than I can help you get the battery replaced within warranty,however if the system is more than 1 year old you will need to purchase a new replacement battery.

Please private message me your system service tag number (if the system is less than 1 year old). To private message click on my user name,click start conversation.

5 Posts

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Hi Roshan L,

I have overcome the problem by removing the battery and reconnecting.

Thank you very much for your help.

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 03:00

You're Welcome

No Events found!