Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 14th, 2017 14:00

Dell XPS 9550 - BIOS Update 1.2.25

Has anyone had issues with the BIOS 1.2.25 update with the XPS 15?  It "bricked" my laptop, although as it turns out, all it did was orphan/remove the Windows Boot option from the BIOS.  Adding it back in and moving it to first in the boot list fixed the issue (although I wasted 3 hours on the phone with Dell "Premium" Support, and they never mentioned this as an option). 

My other question is whether there should be any arguments following the UEFI \efi\boot\bootx64.efi file in the BIOS, or if only that is needed as the argument in the BIOS?  I do not have a reference point (of course) and searching on-line only found that file for the UEFI boot, but no additional arguments.  The machine is running Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks,

Mark

May 20th, 2017 00:00

Hi Mark, Can you tell me how did you get it working? Mine's bricked now.

Thanks,

Allen

May 20th, 2017 01:00

Nevermind, I got it "unbricked" thanks to Reddit

www.reddit.com/.../

July 14th, 2017 05:00

I continuously had blue screens with this version - mainly CRITICAL_PROCESS_END and UNEXPECTED_STORE_PROCEDURE and I installed version 1.2.19.

Before 1.2.25 I had a previous version which gave me blue screen when coming out of sleep which this version solved, but introduced new errors.

This is just frustrating, also I could find the BIOS version history in dell support site, luckily I had a version downloaded locally.

Bottom line - Don't update DELL bios version - apparently they don't test it well and they have a poor development capability, if you have a BIOS version that work good, don't change it...

No Events found!