Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2013 10:00

Dell XPS L502x --- Plugged in, not charging (0%)

Hi, this is my first post on these forums so please excuse me if I make a mistake :)

The other day, my computer seemed to stop charging, and I couldn't turn it on after it died. Now I have (with a screwdriver) pushed out the Power input Jack as I found it was to far in. The computer now accepts the power adapter to keep the battery on 0%, and not charge it.

The Error received is something like 'The AC Power adapter cannot be determined'

I've had the computer for a year and a half, and thus the warranty has ended. I really don't want to spend much money because honestly I have none. I don't know much about computer hardware, so if you can please try to use non-technical terms :)

Thanks in Advance,

Cormac

2 Posts

November 30th, 2014 05:00

Hi Sundeep,

Tried all the steps but it comes with a message THE AC POWER ADAPTER WATTAGE AND TYPE CANNOT BE DETERMINED. THE BATTERY MAY NOT CHARGE. THE SYSTEM WILL ADJUST THE PERFORMANCE TO MATCH THE POWER AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONNECT 130W AC ADAPTER.

Please NOTE I have original power supplyfrom dell since i bought the PC (Dell XPS L502x) model is DA130PE-00.

Dell Health Meter is showing "Battery charging Disabled"

1 Message

December 17th, 2014 22:00

Sundeep,

You have to be joking when you say this is not a known issue, my xps l702x was nearly 1200 at time of purchase and I cant be sure if I ever had a repair ticket r/t ac adapter, you see I have had so many tickets I can't be sure, but what I am sure if I search my dell and ebay shopping history, my laptop being just 2 yrs old and I am shopping for my 4th ac adapter and have bought 2 batteries in 2 years so please, it is a known issue and has caused enough of a bad taste in my mouth that this will be my LAST DELL LAPTOP

TY

Michael Apostolico

1 Message

January 12th, 2015 08:00

Same issue with my laptop Charger not working. There is an embedded Dallas Semi one wire chip that verifies the charger is for the Dell. Evidently a surge eliminated the on-chip data. A second charger - sent with my purchase fixed the problem although if you will restart the laptop and just as the boot image starts plug in the old charger sometimes it will charge normally - at least in my instance. 

Even though the Dell laptop has been a good one (XPS M1710), I will never buy another Dell laptop until this feature is eliminated.

1 Message

June 9th, 2015 19:00

I couldn't believe it, but this fix I saw on another forum worked for my wife's Dell XPS L502X that was having the same problem:

1. With the laptop running, briefly unplug the charging cable from the laptop and blow on the end that plugs into the laptop body.

2. Blow into the receptacle on the laptop where the charging cable plugs into it.

3.  Plug the charging cable back in to the laptop.

Immediately, the battery icon on the taskbar on the desktop reported "Charging".  The battery, which was at 7% charge is now at 38% and still climbing!  I can't imagine why, but it WORKED!

August 7th, 2015 00:00

what is Dell Health Meter?

1 Message

September 30th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Im having same issue,.I just brought 9cell battery 4 my XPS and the problem is I'm unable to charge it...

I tried every you mentioned but nothing work out...

Any thing else to do???

2 Posts

October 10th, 2016 15:00

I tried this and my laplop asked for a password! I bought my laptop from second-hand shop. What's your advice?

No Events found!