Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2013 05:00

Dell batteries suck. Warranty no good.

Nearly new laptop with a dead battery -- kinda like my son's Dell and the one in my office.

But -- we have not been able to find a way to get the company to respond.  Is there a way to contact these schmucks warranty department?

3.3K Posts

February 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi anchovybob,

Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns. I realize that only our interactions can restore your confidence in us completely.

Kindly let me know the issue with the battery so that I can take the case forward.

All rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade. For the typical user, noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months. For a power user, reduction in run time generally may be experienced prior to 18 months. We recommend buying a new Dell laptop battery when the run time does not meet your needs.

Batteries tend to deteriorate over time. Keeping battery in the laptop and plugged to the power outlet at all times would actually causes damage to the battery and causes it to be more energy inefficient, not storing energy.

For more refer below mentioned Battery FAQ’s:

http://dell.to/RHchVM

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!