Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2016 20:00

Dell inspiron 14 7000 7437 not booting up "no bootable device"

Hi,

my dell inspiron 14 7000 7437 says there's "no bootable device" unless I go to bios setup and restore it to default settings every time I boot up.

how do I fix it?

My OS is Windows 10 and I did a BIOS update hoping that it will fix the problem.

I also opened it up to check if there's any problems with the data ribbon to the SATA hard disk.

Everything seems to be ok.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

April 12th, 2016 02:00

Hi IRAJAMES,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum and trying the above steps.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, so that we can guide you accordingly.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 29th, 2017 11:00

There have been reports of some recent BIOS updates switching the computer from UEFI boot mode over to Legacy.  Are you saying you have to reset your BIOS to default settings every single time you boot, or just after you ran a BIOS update?  The "no bootable device" error is typically caused by your system being configured for the wrong boot mode, so if you go into the BIOS setup and see it's set to Legacy, switch it to UEFI, or if it's already in UEFI mode, switch it to Legacy.  You don't have to reset all of your BIOS settings to default.

August 29th, 2017 11:00

Can you solve this issue?

I have the same problem.

No Events found!