Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2013 17:00

Dell inspiron 15 wont boot, continuous beep.

Hello, I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 that doesn't boot. When the power button is pressed, nothing displays, it just does a continuous, repeating beep. I've tested the ram, hard drive is fine, and the only other think i can think is that it's the motherboard. The person I'm looking at it for said that since this has occured, she has been able to get it to boot for a few times, but not recently. This laptop is barely 3 months old, and shouldn't be messing up at this age. Typical Dell quality. I've read of all kinds of problems with this laptop..You'd think there would be a recall of some sort.

Anyways, any idea what might be the cause? I'd like to get this thing fixed.

Hope I posted this in the right section; forgive me if I didn't.

3 Posts

November 27th, 2013 17:00

I'm having a similar problem with an Inspiron 15R 5520.  I'm getting the 7 beeps of death issue...processor failure. There is a lot on the forums regarding this issue.  Unfortunately, I'm a little past warranty and support has told me my laptop is not under recall, although other 15Rs have been.  So it will cost me to fix it.  What model are you having a problem with?

2 Posts

November 27th, 2013 18:00

It appears that it is a Inspiron 15-3521. That's all it says on the bottom of the laptop. Not sure if it's out of warranty, the site doesn't tell me, and I cant hardly understand the support people.. I counted the beeps, and after about the 150th one, I stopped counting.

1 Message

January 11th, 2014 12:00

Mine powers on, the fans start, it makes a sound as if the HDD is firing up, then nothing. Fans shutdown, and it just makes a dull click/beep noise. Not a high pitched beep. Ideas?

2 Posts

April 28th, 2014 22:00

I have same situation with my 15r.  Hard drive spins for a second,, does not start and then continuous beeping

Did you find the problem and a solution?

Thanks

No Events found!