This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 5th, 2014 15:00

Dell latitude E7440 on screen display problem

Hi,

I installed win 7 64 bit on my laptop and unfortunately I dont have on screen display indicating volume and brightness of the screen. I was googling but all I could find was that I should install Quickset, but I cant find the specified drivers for latitude e7440 on dell site.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Patryk

October 9th, 2014 05:00

Hello,

Is there update on it?

Thanks.

1 Message

April 4th, 2015 09:00

did you get this resolved? I have same issue, need OSD...

7 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 00:00

same problem here.. any solution figured out?

• 

351 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 03:00

Hi,

The Exx40 models don't have an on screen indicator for when the brightness has been adjusted. You could do this with the Enhancement pack in previous models, but it's not compatible with these models.

This article  explains it in a bit more detail

7 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 03:00

Hi,

The Exx40 models don't have an on screen indicator for when the brightness has been adjusted. You could do this with the Enhancement pack in previous models, but it's not compatible with these models.

This article  explains it in a bit more detail

Hi,

yes, I have found this article already, but saying "there is no solution" is not a solution ...

Apparently dell is not willing to make the effort to solve this, but someone (user) might still (unofficially) find/workaround a way.

BTW it really should not be that much of an effort to make the Feature Enhancement Pack compatible with these series. Having that installed, the OSD icons did show up, just the line indicating the level is stuck at some value (which does not correlate with the brightness) and is not changing.

I remember having tried many versions (but most probably not all) and there have been differences. So actually a list of all available versions for different systems (with download links) might be useful already - one of them might just work. (even if not designed blah-blah ..)

I hope we can get somewhere.

Thanks!

7 Posts

December 24th, 2016 16:00

any news on this??

1 Message

July 23rd, 2017 00:00

Hi,

I just had the same issue and have resolved it by installing "Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Application

" from www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails. you will also need to have dot net 4.0 and can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com/.../confirmation.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saurabh Joshi.

No Events found!