Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2016 06:00

Dell n5010 Laptop DC Jack Short Circuit/Not Charging

Hello guys, I was just using my laptop the other day with the charger plugged in, and then suddenly the laptop charger's light turned off and the charging stopped. (I have included a video that displays what happens when the charger is plugged in). I tried to disassemble the laptop and checked the DC jack but it's fine i.e. nothing unusual can be seen

I tried the charger on other dell laptops and it works fine. I also tried other Dell charger on my laptop, but it also doesn't charge the laptop, instead the same happens i.e. the charger's indicator light turns off. I have to replug on from the power cord to make the indicator light on again.

I think the problem lies with the laptop. But the laptop works fine on battery. I have also attached a youtube link) (www.youtube.com/watch

May 28th, 2016 18:00

Hi Aparichit4evr

Thanks for writing to us. 

Looking at the symptoms the issue seems to be with the motherboard as the adapter light cuts off once connected to the machine. 

Should your machine be under warranty, we can get it serviced. 

Await your response. 

Regards

May 29th, 2016 21:00

Hi, we are awaiting your response. 

May 31st, 2016 19:00

Thank you for the response Hema.  It's been 5+ years since I'm using the machine so don't think it has got any warranty left. So, I'll have to do the servicing myself. 

Regards,

aparichit4evr

June 1st, 2016 19:00

Hi nice to hear from you. Should you have any questions in future do give us a shout. 

No Events found!