Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

6 Posts

November 14th, 2003 23:00

Dells lousy tech support!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

Be aware that Dell technical support is weak and unsupportive. It has come to my attention that some reps are racist, and profile those that they talk to.  I was repeatedly asked what my nationality and ethnicity i was. WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FIXING MY NOTEBOOK?

My Laptop 600m has been returned 3 times , first it was an lcd , then it was the bluetooth and then it was the wireless card. Now it's once againt he bluetooth card. I HAVE RETURNED IT 3 TIMES AND NOW WILL BE 4 TIMES, ALL IN THE SPAN OF A MONTH. I have only been able to use the notebook in good condition 3 days at a time before i sent it back, i basically waited for another box to come to send it back everything i received it.

I think they save trash and they replace the parts that are broken in computer that are sent to them and they just replace broken parts with semi-broken parts. I AM sick and tired of sending this peice of @$@3 back. This is ridiculous. I want something to be done. I used this notebook everyday in a technology industry. They treat everyone that calls techsupport like they are complete idiots. They are perfectionist at giving the run around. I spent 6 hours straight in one call with tech support and the guy kept asking the same questions like the answer was going to change. He did nothing to change or try and change the answer, so how could the results change. Be aware that they are poorly trained and dont' know jack at time. They speak horrible english. This is a shame. I hold no excuse. This country's main language is english, so those that are suppose to help and support should at least communicate in an understandable manner. I have to return it again it will be my fourth time. I can't believe that i've talked to around 7 tech support people , none speak good english and have heavy accents, and DELL to cover up this matter they tell them to use fake american names. (i.e. patrick, dilbert, peter, john). I would rather have them speak their native language and with native name than to speak to me with this dishonesty. I wouldn't understand them either way, but at least i know they are being somewhat honest.

I'm sorry for choosing DELL , i should have bought an emachine or a texas instrument 89 compared to what i have right now, it would provide better service.

1 Message

November 14th, 2003 23:00

To offero:

I absoutely agree with your comments.  I have a friend that call dell once for tech support and the representative was actually going off topic and asking for her age and nationality.  I think this is absurd and dell should be hiring people in the U.S. after all our economy needs it especially NOW!  You really have to yell at the representative inorder to get things done right!  If you feel that dell is not trying to resolve your issues, you can file complaints with the BBB in New Rochelle, New York, your state attorney general's office, the New York state attorney general's office, and the Federal Trade Commission. You can even consider contacting various media sources (ie upn & wb11 human interest story) if you feel strongly enough about the problem and have accurate records to back up your actions.

Message Edited by cccstyle on 11-14-2003 08:29 PM

70 Posts

November 15th, 2003 05:00

Sounds like a lemon.  Return it before your 30 day period is up.  Obviously, expect more problems and don't expect tech support to improve anytime soon - in fact, it'll probably only get worse.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2003 03:00

Dear Offero, the reason you find technical support very third world oriented is because you are talking to third world people ,DELL send all U.S.A. calls to INDIA and SOUTH AMERICA because is cheaper they pay $0.50 an hour ,I just have read an article on forbes magazine ,this is why we have such wonderful technical support im sorry but i went to the same situation, good luck

27 Posts

November 17th, 2003 10:00

Same mistake i made. I forgot about the 30 day thing and boom, im stuck with this 600m for live. What company offers a better service? from what i know its dell, but i experienced your cheese first hand as well.

379 Posts

November 17th, 2003 15:00

You should try posting in the Customer Care board............................TD

17 Posts

November 17th, 2003 15:00

from what I understand, Apple tech support is still in usa. Dell support has turned into complete trash. I don't know why anyone would even call. I find much better support on these forums and deja (from linux users) than I do from dell tech support. They don't know the specs, they don't know the product, they don't know anything of value. But at $9/day, thats reality, and chances are small this would change. When I had a dell precision and the motherboard went bad, first replacement I got was defective, second worked but 2nd CPU slot was bent. I was too tired to deal with them again so I just left it that way, but it shows that dell uses returned/defective parts to replace your defective part and someone might as well get the part that you returned.

125 Posts

November 17th, 2003 16:00

I have owned 4 Dells in the past 6 years or so and have not experienced problems with support. Maybe I'm lucky, but you always have the option of buying another brand if you so choose.

Best Regards

191 Posts

November 17th, 2003 17:00

" have owned 4 Dells in the past 6 years or so and have not experienced problems with support. Maybe I'm lucky, but you always have the option of buying another brand if you so choose."

Finally, someone says it the way it is.  Thanks! 

This is a General Hardware technical forum.  If you want to tell us the problem with your computer then maybe we can help.  Otherwise take your ranting over to Customer Care, where by the way, you will probably get some help.

Mark 

7.3K Posts

November 17th, 2003 22:00

When you call, your experience with Tech Support will be in direct proportion to your attitude.

41 Posts

November 18th, 2003 00:00

Yeah... I must say, I've definitely seen a noticable trend from Dell tech support... they used to respond to my problems with the normal array of questions, but it didn't take too much horn-waggling to get the fixes and help that I needed.

Now, with my warranty about due, I can't get the techs to admit that my sound card is messed up... oh well.  The fake alias names they give the support does make thing kind of laughable though.

In a fit of irony, my Indian friend (that'd be the India in Asia) who is in the States right now bought an Inspiron 8500... and he had a heck of a time trying to figure out what happened to the order.  Unfortunately, the 5 times he called - he actually got 5 white, normal, English-speaking people who couldn't spell his last name or understand him    I think his English is just fine - but hey, maybe my English is poor as well 

17 Posts

November 19th, 2003 18:00

Actually, many tech support people in foreign countries now get training to speak with American accent.

November 19th, 2003 22:00

offero,

I have myself the same experience as you from tech support and I called to question about the warranty my nationality was insulted by the person on the other end when I asked as to why warranty was not covered in a certain nation.

only mastake you made that we are avoiding is we had the i8600 for one week and it proved to be a piece of excrement so we called and have sent it back under the 30 day customer satification policy! and wish no fix or replacement. we are taking our business elsewhere.

91 Posts

November 20th, 2003 14:00

John -

Your comment about attitudes really doesn't apply anymore.  Most people who call are understandably frustrated and have gone to the end of their wits before calling.

They are then forced to sit on hold for long periods, spend 20 minutes trying to get their name spelled correctly, told to re-format their hard drives (losing everything that they have not backed up - 99% of the time this was not necessary and will solve nothing), and told to have a nice day.

They then have to repeat the entire process 2 more times before Dell will send a tech to their house (something that they were talked into paying for).  The 'techs' are usually not qualified, have the wrong parts, and/or do more harm then good.  They are again told to "have a nice day".

This process, in all but a few circumstances, eliminates and negates any of the remaining 30-day return period and, in my honest opinion, is purposely done to discourage all but the most-informed consumers from returning their equipment for refunds.

The loss of American jobs (something you know about) is a direct result of this course of action.  It is harder for Dell to blame the consumer for miscommunication when both parties speak English.  This is another story.

I consider myself to be a pretty smart guy when it comes to computers, though I don't do it for a living.  I don't believe that I have ever had a good experience when calling Dell.  In fact, I have had better luck calling AOL (for other AOL users, LOL).  That is sad.

All that said, you can see why people have an attitude when calling Dell.

Have a nice day!

No Events found!